We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from Punta Cana..Not One Mosquito!!!!!!

Long Island
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back from Punta Cana..Not One Mosquito!!!!!!

We just got back on monday evening from melia caribe tropical. Let me start by saying that there was not a single mosquito the entire trip. Flies, a few but mosquitos none!!! I was a little nervous after reading about the whole malaria scare so I brought lots of bugs spray with deet. People saw me apply the first night and looked at me as if I was completely nuts!! So, after that night of outdoor dancing in the 85 humid weather and saw no mosquitos, I decided not to bother with the bug spray. Believe me, you are really safe with just ugs spray....No need for medication.

As for the water, we ate and drank as normal. Lettuce and ice in your drinks are fine. So have a daquiri and relax and have a great vacation!! Thank you to everyone for all your posts!!! They really helped me in choosing what became one of the best vacations I ever had!!!!

vancouver,canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back from Punta Cana..Not One Mosquito!!!!!!

Bella you are so right. Also just got back and only saw one mosquito in bathroom. My husband usually gets eaten alive on all our tropical holidays-not this time. Probably due to the cart that sprays the entire resort every day at dusk. This amount they spray is more worrysome to me than malaria. My sister and mom chose not to finish their pills after getting down there and realizing people were making this out to be a bigger issue than is nessesary.

LITTLE CHICAGO
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back from Punta Cana..Not One Mosquito!!!!!!

got back from bahia principe onthe 14th....brought 2 cans of bug spray with deet...2 cans of raid mist to kill any bugs or mosquitos that were in our room. WHAT A WASTE OF LUGGAGE SPACE! saw one mosquito in seven days. Malaria outbreak??? crazy