We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Men in tanning beds!!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ontairo
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Men in tanning beds!!

Hi guys, how many of u go tanning before your vacation? I'm having a hard time trying to convince hubby to go, he says its a ''girl thing"!!! However he did go last year twice, did not close the top lid, didn't think he had to, so i had quite the laugh over that one. So we will see I have 3 weeks to convince him!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Men in tanning beds!!

LOLOL Yes, this has been one of the funniest recently.

Playallday, Girl, the hubbie and are going to have a ball with the two of you. You are just as twisted as we are. LOLOLOL Love the recap

Bluegras, One word for you......OUCH!

Wearahat, lolol, I tried au natural, with just a thong, once and let me tell you, if God had intended us to let the ladies go public, he would not have given us the brassiere! We are talking a major ouch. Also, the buns were crispy! Since then, I have vowed......always wear a strapless bathing suit. I honestly could not sit for a week. LOLOL

For all, re my own tanning progress, happy to say, am a nice brown color and have 4 more days to tan. Unfortunately, I have to report that the red racoon look went away, but now my face does not match the body.I did a high pressure bake at Hollywood Tans. I would highly recommend it. It is awesome to finish up with right before you go to the island. I did it on Friday because I was afraid I would burn. No burn, only one percent chanceof that happening. That is where I used the towel on the face. SOOOO, since I leave on Friday, I am doing the high pressure on Wednesday. Again, I would highly recommend the High Pressure!

As for me....5 more days....woo hoo,

PRIZE

P.S. Oh, also discovered Neutrogena Sunless for Faces....not bad at all. No more racoon look for me!

Yardley
Level Contributor
172 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Men in tanning beds!!

I thought it would be fun to put those butterfly stickers they have at the front desk of the tanning salon all over my body. You should see MY tan! Quite festive!

oh....okay...i didn't really do that. Maybe next year.......

Kentucky
Level Contributor
722 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Men in tanning beds!!

play,

Why not four-leaf clovers? Just to make sure you get "lucky". I may try one of them now since I am going sockless. LOL

ontairo
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
74. Re: Men in tanning beds!!

Sockless in Kentucky, what a guy, so brave to bare it all lol!!!!!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
722 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Men in tanning beds!!

pauette,

I'll sacrifice to help my fellow brethren. LOL

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Men in tanning beds!!

Playallday, When do you leave? Re the sticker spots....lolol. Now I know how I will recognize you. My TA tag with PRIZE on it is attached to the beach bag. Either I will meet many people or people will try to drown me. LOLOLOL

Re going sockless.....talked to the hubbie about it last night. He told me, he needs more than a sock. LOLOL Guess I would have to agree. LOLOLOL

Have a good day all,

PRIZE

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Men in tanning beds!!

Oh, forgot to mention re tanning.

Ever since I started tanning, I got this thing growing beneath my eye. It is not big, but it is there. Anywhooo, figured I was going to limit the face to ray exposure, just in case it is a bad spot, sooooo found

Neutrogena Sunless Face cream. It is awesome. It also has a SPF factor of 15!

Just a little info for all,

PRIZE

ontairo
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
78. Re: Men in tanning beds!!

Glad to report that hubby has had his 3rd tanning appt. no burns to report, he says that it is great......go figure.........we have 10 days to go. the count down is on. Hope everyone enjoys there tanning and really enjoys their vacations. have a good one.....

79. Re: Men in tanning beds!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, August 30, 2009