We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 more days to Alsol Luxury Village

ottawa
Level Contributor
216 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
6 more days to Alsol Luxury Village

Finally it's within reach...and this cold spell is has taken it's frozen hold and I can only think of the hot sun.

We have been to the DR a few times at this time of year, and the weather forecast looks amazing this year. However, we picked a different kind of resort that seems more low-key based on reviews but are wondering about...

1. Christmas dinner - is it on Christmas Eve and/or Christmas day, and what is the dress code here? I've tried contacting the resort a few times on FB about less important questions but have not received a single response. At other resorts, it's been some in formal and others much less so.

2. Special Request - Since it's our anniversary, I did contact them directly about a surprise but haven't been given a price quote - is there an additional fee? When I've done this before at other resorts, there wasn't. They did give us a suggestion to book a "special dinner" with one of the non-resort restaurants.

3. Late check-out - As in previous years, our flight is late and we know we can store luggage and clean-up in a hospitality room of sorts. However, I just read that someone tried to have a meal before their departure though their check-out was hours before. Consequently, this reviewer wrote that they would have had to pay for their meal if they were going to eat. I've never heard of such a "rule". At other resorts we've always been welcome to use the facilities, including meals, until our airport transfer arrived. Can anyone comment on this practice - it's very disconcerting that we will have to either not eat for our last 5 hours at the resort, or even longer if we don't eat at the airport with its outrageous food prices, or pay for airplane food!

We are also flying with Air Canada from Ottawa so other inside info is always appreciated. Thanks so much!

4 replies to this topic
Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,379 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 more days to Alsol Luxury Village

pm me when you get back, and let me know how things went we are going there Jan. 17th

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 more days to Alsol Luxury Village

And don't forget, when everyone gets back, to let us know everything.......we are going to Alsol Tiara in April.

ottawa
Level Contributor
216 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 more days to Alsol Luxury Village

I'll definitely do a review upon my return @wud2 and @Laurie M. I find there's not a lot to go by and recent reviews would certainly be helpful. We are taking a chance and being hopeful but don't think we'll have regrets.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,379 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 more days to Alsol Luxury Village

send me a pm

https:/…Wud2

Reply to: 6 more days to Alsol Luxury Village
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted