We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence vs Breathless

Philly
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Excellence vs Breathless

Looking for insight on differences between EPC vs Breathless, have been to EPM and loved it, but found it dead after 10PM at night, and have never been to DR, so any pointers would be appreciated.

16 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,597 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Excellence vs Breathless

Very different resorts. Although EPC has been renovated, it is more on the tropical style. Breathless is more on the modern style. I would also offer that Breathless would be more lively at night (and during the day).

Philly
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
2. Re: Excellence vs Breathless

Tropical style wins vs modern style, thank you.

What about going out into town from Excellence? close enough, safe, bars, etc?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,597 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Excellence vs Breathless

Excellence is actually on the northern side of PC (Uvero Alto) so it's a bit of a drive to get to anywhere. Note that there isn't much in PC as far as town/bars etc... El Cortecito is a small townish area with bars/shops/restos but it's at least 20 mins or so from Excellence.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,597 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Excellence vs Breathless

If considering EPC but would prefer to be closer to "town" you should also have a look at Secrets Cap Cana. Newer resort on a much better beach, close to the airport and closer to "town".

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Excellence vs Breathless

I have been to both Excellence properties in Punta Cana as well as Breathless. The nightlife at Breathless was far and away better (more active, lively) The shows at the Excellence properties pretty much wound down the evening. Within an hour of the show ending, the many of guests were back in their rooms. Some evenings at EEC had the small nightclub packed til 2AM and on other nights, there wasn't a single person in there. While places are open in the evening, they just aren't packed and consist mainly of couples and groups of friends drinking and socializing, not partying.

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
6,020 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Excellence vs Breathless

Well. I had though I'd be partying into the wee hrs but after a full day of sun, activities pool beach and booze at EPC, by midnight I was ready for sleep. The sun saps the strength out of me! Just something to think about.

murillo
Level Contributor
7,118 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Excellence vs Breathless

Excellence is for Grand Parents ... Breathless is for grand kids...lol

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,374 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Excellence vs Breathless

That's outright misinformation, Bomberro. In the 11 times I've been to Excellence Punta Cana, there have been people of a wide range of ages, including early 20s. It's not a party place, but the entertainment is typically lively enough in the evenings, and there are lots of activities in the main section of the pool by the lobby, and that area of the beach.

Mark

murillo
Level Contributor
7,118 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Excellence vs Breathless

3 couples in their 20's is mis info...be honest ..these resorts are for totally different clientele..

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
274 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: Excellence vs Breathless

Been to both EPC and Breathless in the last few years. Loved both. A bit of a different feeling , modern vs tropical, but found there were quiet and lively nights at both. For us, we found was more about what you feel like doing and who you end up hanging out with. I would agree that Breathless had more of a party vibe... especially during the day. By the way... we are a retired couple in our late 50's and have absolutely enjoyed both resorts. Don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Reply to: Excellence vs Breathless
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted