We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there anything to do in PC without a tour & paying $65+?

Canada
Level Contributor
956 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Is there anything to do in PC without a tour & paying $65+?

Note: Not enough space in the Subject but I meant other than beaches and malls.

Hello, So I have been researching things to do and see all over DR and it seems there are some interesting places to visit in PC. However, I feel so disappointed that none of those places can be visited by independent travelers without a tour. We will have a rental car and we are a family of four. Paying ridiculous amount of like $65 / pp is totally not what we want to do. Why PC is so commercialized? Even in touristy places like Cancun, you have private parks with very high admission but again many places you can visit on your own.

Please note I am not saying I don't want to pay admission fee. A $20 USD admission is reasonable.

And I am talking about places like:

Indigenous Eyes Ecological Park & Reserve ($65/adult and $23/kid).

Splash Water Park - They didn't even bother saying if those not staying in their resorts can visit.

Hoyo Azul - Adults: US$69.00 Children: US$41.00

Caribbean Pirates - $114

And yes we are touring DR but I was hoping to find something interesting to experience for 1 - 2 days. I was debating between "Manati Park Bavaro" in PC and "Ocean World Adventure Park" in PP (double the price).

Maybe "Sirenis Aquagames Punta Cana"?

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there anything to do in PC without a tour & paying $65+?

Check with Punta Cana Mike.

puntacanamike.com

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there anything to do in PC without a tour & paying $65+?

Mike's tours are $89-120.

Canada
Level Contributor
956 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there anything to do in PC without a tour & paying $65+?

Exactly my point. I don't want tours. I hate tours actually. I love to spend time as much as my family needs to. I am actually now looking to skip PC and fly in / out PP.

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there anything to do in PC without a tour & paying $65+?

So much more to do in PP for the self explorer's... with places like Fort philipee, Monkey Jungle, Castello Mundo, Mount Isobela (with cable car if you want)...etc, all with very little or no admission ...you will find more than enough to keep you occupied for a few days :)

Canada
Level Contributor
956 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there anything to do in PC without a tour & paying $65+?

Hi Ana. Yes I removed PC from the list. We will be doing PP and road trips around. Also considering a drive to SD. We will be staying in an AI but have a rental car (can't enjoy much without the freedom of having a car). Thanks

Reply to: Is there anything to do in PC without a tour & paying $65+?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted