We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live From Iberostar Grand

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,353 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Live From Iberostar Grand

Just checked in and the resort is beautiful. Lunch buffet was great with lots of seafood and even many options such as lobster, cod, tuna, etc that they will grill in front of you.

Heart sank when I saw the beach. Tons of seaweed (with accompanying garbage) as in completely unswimmable. Folks who were here for a couple of days say it was not like this, that it just rolled in a few hours before we arrived. Obviously nothing the resort can control (they try their best to gather what comes ashore but not much they can do about the 20 plus feet of seaweed in the water). Just hope it rolls back out as fast as it rolled in!

Butler service is exceptional. We have Jose and he set us up with everything we need!

25 replies to this topic
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,860 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live From Iberostar Grand

Awww that's a shame... maybe it'll all be gone tomorrow.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,353 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live From Iberostar Grand

That’s what I’m hoping Deb! And everything else really has been perfect so far so can’t complaun! 😄

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live From Iberostar Grand

Hope the seaweed gets better. Just relax and have a great time.

Gallipolis, Ohio
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live From Iberostar Grand

Maybe try the Caribe side of the island.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,353 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live From Iberostar Grand

They are working hard on raking the seaweed up this morning but it’s a daunting task. There’s more accumulating as they use wheelbarrows to haul away. Very pretty weather today with a nice breeze. Headed to breakfast now after short walk on beach.

Dayton, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Live From Iberostar Grand

How is the wifi signal? Have a great time!

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,353 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live From Iberostar Grand

WiFi is working great here! Pool area and room both work fine.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,353 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live From Iberostar Grand

We went to the Surf and Turf last night and then to the Rock Show. Food and service was fabulous at the Surf and Turf! Seemed to be a bit of a struggle to get the wine list, like they really didn’t want to supply it. In fact we had our first course before we even finally received the wine list and our glasses of wine. I realize they probably prefer to us whatever is open but one reason I chose this over other resorts is so I can have more of a choice than red or white. Other than the wine situation, food was really excellent - husband had fillet and I had a lobster tail. We made it in time to see the Rock Show which was really very good.

You do have to get up early here to get a covered cabana around the pool but there’s plenty of shade on the beach.

Unfortunately the seaweed situation hasn’t improved - although the staff are doing everything they possibly can to clean up what’s on the beach, the water is full of it again. Nothing the resort can do other than tackle what they can get to, which they are doing a fine job with.

Yesterday they were giving free mini massages by the pool. Was very nice! Will probably schedule something at the spa, maybe if there’s a rainy day. Today looks like clear skies and sun once again!

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live From Iberostar Grand

Did you have the lobster and pancakes for breakfast? Have a relaxing vacation.

West Chester, PA
Level Contributor
4,353 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live From Iberostar Grand

Not yet Foodman but that’s on the list for sure! I’ve consumed my fair share of lobster since I arrived, just not my lobster blinis yet!

We are definitely relaxing and enjoying ourselves so far!

Reply to: Live From Iberostar Grand
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted