We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana airport delays

Utica, New York
Level Contributor
8 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Punta Cana airport delays

We were scheduled to fly today JetBlue out of punta Cana and it was a total disaster at check in. We waited in line over 2 hours and then as we raced to our gate the flight was delay by 2 hours. Is it like this all the time. As amazing as my vacation was this delay certainly put a damper on it.

21 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,647 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana airport delays

When I was there in December I allowed 3 hours to get through the airport and felt I needed the time. It was surprisingly time consuming getting out of the airport. I am used to Cancun which is a breeze compared to PC.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,505 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana airport delays

That is unfortunate. Have travelled through PC many times and have never had lenghty delays. Yes it can take a bit of time at check In but have never had to wait more than an hour.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,899 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Cana airport delays

I've had it happen but you also have to keep in mind that your flight might of been delayed leaving the originating airport... I always check to see if it left "home" so I know what I"m in for before I get to the airport :-) But it does suck the big one.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,334 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Cana airport delays

Find the bar

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Cana airport delays

Sorry to hear about what you are experiencing. Not usually as bad as you are saying.

Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
8,160 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta Cana airport delays

To be honest, the flight delay didn't have anything to do with the airport.

I was there Wednesday. Maybe 20 minutes in line to check in. No wait at security. No wait at customs.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Punta Cana airport delays

It always takes longer ( for me anyway) to get out than it does coming in. Never had a long wait at check in , but security and customs can take a while to get through. But always have had time for a final cerveza before boarding

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,442 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Punta Cana airport delays

Was the flight delayed in Punta Cana or late in arriving because it was delayed in the inbound flight? No flights really start there, they come drop off passengers fill up and return home.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,505 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Punta Cana airport delays

They are apparently building a patio and a pool at the airport so getting delayed on the way home might not be so bad anymore... LOL

murillo
Level Contributor
7,067 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Punta Cana airport delays

We go by cab so we get the A/C room and go an hour earlier.. If the whole plane shows up at the same 3 hour time rule... big line ups... If you show up with a cast on your leg your whole group jumps to the front...lol

Reply to: Punta Cana airport delays
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted