We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropical Princess April 8 to April 15 - Need Tips

North Bay Ontario
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Tropical Princess April 8 to April 15 - Need Tips

Looking for tips on the Tropical Princess in Punta Cana

What to bring?

What to do?

Day Trips available and the cost

Shopping Deals

Cost of Internet?

Is there a coffe pot and iron in the rooms?

Drinking age in Dominican?

Taking my two teenage daughters and want to enjoy every minute.

Thank You

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropical Princess April 8 to April 15 - Need Tips

Hey I have alot of info you need. I am from NL originally.

I have the map of the grounds. send me an email (my screen name at hotmail dot com) and I will send it to you.. I wrote a review of the place. click on my screen name and click the reviews tab. select tropical princess

It is the same place as the Caribe Club Princess with a few minor differences in terms of access to the a la carte restaurants. all 5 are included to guest of the Caribe and guests of the Tropical have to pay 8$ US to use 3 of the 5 a la cartes.

Day trips were a bit less and a bit over 100$. I budgeted 100$ US each.

Shopping deals - not really. the same tourist stuff and you end up paying what you pay here. Coffee, Vanilla, Mamajuana are all worth picking up.

Internet is fairly expensive. 5 or 10$ / 30 min. I found it much less expensive in the BAvaro Plaza about a 10 min walk from the lobby. but you would have one hour included if you book vip. VIP is good if you can get it for about 100$ Canadian or less. book it with the tour operator or the TA.

Coffee Pot and Iron are not in a standard room but are in the Caribe Suites.

Drinking age not sure

You will enjoy every minute. They have a teen club house with pool tables, table soccer, tv's and music. Mini golf , activities that your teens can join.

email me if you want the map....

Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropical Princess April 8 to April 15 - Need Tips

I totally agree with Drops

I would add that the evening shows are worth seeing. Very large production numbers with good sets and incredible dancing. No live singer or band, but you don't miss it.

Right after the shows, everyone moves to the lobby for a big party before the disco opens. It is a lot of fun!

3. Re: Tropical Princess April 8 to April 15 - Need Tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 28, 2009