We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

excellence el carmen v excellence punta cana

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
excellence el carmen v excellence punta cana

hi

looking at both excellence hotels in the dominican. can anyone give a view on the new one. it appears quite clinical in photos and would like somewhere thats colonial???

8 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: excellence el carmen v excellence punta cana

I feel the same, which is one reason why I won't go to EEC, but love EPC. I also vastly prefer the layout of EPC. They are modernizing it right now, but I think it will still retain that tropical, Spanish colonial vibe, at least for the exterior and grounds.

Mark

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,689 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: excellence el carmen v excellence punta cana

We have stayed at both and will be returning to both again next year. I should add that had EPC not have been remodeled we would not have book to return

Yes EEC is modern but I would certainly not describe it as clinical

If you are going for 14 nights you could stay at both or at least if you do opt for EPC try and arrange a tour of EEC to get a first hand experience of it to see if you would like to stay there on another trip

Edited: 7:36 pm, October 06, 2017
murillo
Level Contributor
7,067 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: excellence el carmen v excellence punta cana

If you can.. split your 2 week vacation . I'd try something with pure white sand and blue ocean like on a post card.Excellence are both are kinda isolated.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,689 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: excellence el carmen v excellence punta cana

"Excellence are both are kinda isolated."

Not so much now as there are quite a lot of other properties in the area but even so being in a quieter area can have huge benefits

Personally, we would never return to the likes of Bavaro Beach

carlisle
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: excellence el carmen v excellence punta cana

We have been to EPC last year and love it, only found the sea a little ruff. But so quit lissoning to the sea from a sun bed. Beautiful unspoilt beach. This year tried Secrets Royal Beach. And to be honest found the beach far too noisy. So going back to EPC next year, just hoping after the refit it hasn't lost the style and beauty. I'm not into modern boxes. So that's what puts me of EEC.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
671 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: excellence el carmen v excellence punta cana

We loved EEC & are returning next year as part of a split trip with EPC. We like quiet resorts with quiet beaches so I think we will be happy with our choices.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: excellence el carmen v excellence punta cana

thank you all...its the modern aspect that i struggle with as i loved the colonialness of epc.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: excellence el carmen v excellence punta cana

I love the colonial, tropical vibe at EPC and can’t wait to return. I was a bit skeptical of EEC as it’s so modern, but I enjoyed our trip there very much. The rooms/balconies there are much larger and the swim ups are phenomenal. Thankfully the plentiful palm trees and grounds help balance out the architecture/decor. It’s still very different from EPC, but I didn’t dislike it if that makes sense. Just like the overall vibe at EPC better because when I go to a tropical location, I want the tropical vibe in every way! I will go to EPC the next time I return to Punta Cana, but I’m sure I’ll go back to EEC someday too.

Reply to: excellence el carmen v excellence punta cana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted