We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shark nets at Sunscape the Beach???

Mansfield, MA
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shark nets at Sunscape the Beach???

Call me overly concerned, but are there shark nets in the waters at Sunscape the Beach? Also, did anyone see any jelly fish?

Ontaio
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shark nets at Sunscape the Beach???

From my understanding, the only sharks you need to worry about are the ones on the beach! ;-)

Tennessee
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shark nets at Sunscape the Beach???

We were there last week....saw no sharks or jellyfish and we were in the water in front of the resort everyday.

North York Ontario
Level Contributor
698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shark nets at Sunscape the Beach???

Shark Nets are are employed on Bavaro Beach- but only during Spring Months- during the feading frenzy. No swimming between 3- 6pm

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro Beach
Bavaro Beach
17,308 Reviews
Dominican Republic
chicago, ill
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shark nets at Sunscape the Beach???

Please backup all your info with an offical website. Where did you see anything about a "feeding frenzy" or "no swimming from 3-6". NOT FUNNY-REALLY.

North York Ontario
Level Contributor
698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shark nets at Sunscape the Beach???

Sorry- was trying to be funny! Folks- there are NO SHARKS! The chances of being attacked by a shark on Bavaro Beach are about a million to 1.

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro Beach
Bavaro Beach
17,308 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shark nets at Sunscape the Beach???

I was in punta two weeks ago and went on a snorkle-swim with the shark tour. I'm not sure if this is what your talking about or if someones story got messed up. There is shark "cages" that we swam in, these were nurse sharks that are not meat eaters so i'm told. Remeber you have a better chance of the pop machine in your hotel falling on you and killing you than being attacked by a shark! Don't worry about sharks .......

Ontaio
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Shark nets at Sunscape the Beach???

awwwwwww.. why did you have to say that.... last time I was in the DR the pop machine leg broke and nearly mashed me!

chicago, ill
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shark nets at Sunscape the Beach???

Pop machine falling on me, great another thing to worry about! just kidding, thanks for the info and sorry about the mix up!

North York Ontario
Level Contributor
698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shark nets at Sunscape the Beach???

On a more realistic note- it is not safe to swim in the Ocean at night- no one will be at your resort- also lighting on the beach is generally non exsistant....

Sunrise, Florida
Level Contributor
298 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Shark nets at Sunscape the Beach???

Its funny you guys mention shark nets because actually i noticed some at Ocean blue in pictures someone posted. If you go to Liza8402s pictures: pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/liza8402/album…

On her picture 8 of 66 titled "us on the beach" in the backgroud you will see three white balls in the water on the right side of the picture. That is the shark net. Used to keep sharks from coming to close to shore.