We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Bavaro Beach Resort

baltimore, md
3 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Bavaro Beach Resort

My husband, 8 year old daughter and I will be travelling to the Iberostar Bavaro on 11/12-16. I am looking for info on the Kids Club here. Also, any others with daughters near her age travelling there during this time? Any advice for us re: this resort? This is our first all-inclusive trip, a little nervous about the concept, but have heard good things. Which rooms should we be requesting, I've read other hotel reviews where one area of the resort is better than others....does the same go for the Iberostar? Any info is welcome, and greatly appreciated!

jersey
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Beach Resort

we have stayed at the iberostar bavaro twice now and we would not consider staying anywhere else, its fantastic and anyone who says they they didn't like it ....well they don't know how to have a good time, and can't be satisfied. we have already made reservations to go back week after easter........you will love it. good choice.

baltimore, md
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Beach Resort

Thank you so much. What about dining in other than the buffet, how "dressy" should we pack? Any recommended excursions? We're only there for 6 days, and don't want to pick any disappointing adventures.

5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Beach Resort

We have been to Bavaro Beach twice. All inclusive is a great way to go. We very much enjoyed the 4 resorts spread out over the large piece of land owned by the developer. Each resort has its own buffet restaurant, plus there are 2 unattached restaurants on the site. The one by the beach, between The Beach and The Garden was our favorite. The Mexican restaurant right at the Beach resort was also very good. The Bavaro zoo is worth going to as a side trip. They have an entertaining dolphin show, but he Parrot cage and iguana cage are really nice. For a few dollars in tips the tenders will let you inside and feed the animals. Snorkeling right off the beach by the fishing boat pier is pretty decent. You can of course arrange for a special trip to see more fish. We also enjoyed after diner walks to the bridge that crossed the stream that divides the property. Bring some dinner rolls and feed the giant fish from the bridge. The people are very friendly and accomodating, their english is not great, but you'll be able to communicate. We did not get sick at all, but we were VERY careful to drink and brush teeth with only bottled water. If you can be open minded about other cultures and assume the mind set of a visitor rather than an owner you will have a great time.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Beach Resort

Stayed at the Iberostar Bavaro last year (Feb) Would definitely recommend & go back any day. We were on the top flr (2nd) and the couple we went with were right next door. Couldn't hear a thing between the rooms. Nice & private. Can't remember our building # but we were close enough to the buffet & the beach. Didn't have kids with us so I can't comment on the kids club. You definitely want dressier things to wear at the a la carte restaurants. I'd suggest pretty sundresses & the men have to wear pants so my husb. wore khakis and button down short sleeve shirts. The buffet is much more casual. This is the 2nd Iberostar we've stayed at. Always clean - brushed teeth with the sink water (it's filtered but I wouldn't drink it....) We were all fine. Food was great for an all inclusive. Wine is MUCH better in the a la carte's - pretty bad in the buffet. All & all this resort is fantastic and the staff were super friendly. Bring lots of 1 dollar bills to tip, always bargain with the locals - the price ALWAYS comes down - even at Harris's jewelry store next door (over at the dominicana or punta cana - can't remember which one) Have a great time!!

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Beach Resort

Hi. I was reading through this thread and read the post from H-2000. I think they are talking about a different hotel. Many of the hotels have similar names, so I'm guessing that's the case. I don't recall seeing a bridge that divides the property, I don't recall a fishing pier, there are only 3 parts of the resort - not 4. (Iberostar Bavaro, Punta Cana and Dominicana). And I don't believe the snorkeling is very good.

There is a raised boardwalk that wanders through a jungle like setting, which is on the Dominicana one side of the property though.

This resort is very nice and you'll have a great time!

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Beach Resort

Ask for a room close to the beach or pool. You'll be spending most of your time there. Rooms on the 2nd floor have a high ceiling which is nice, there is also a little more privacy from passers by. (being on the first floor may be easier for you with the little one though). Bring comfortable / non skid walking shoes. The walkways are very slippery when they are damp or wet. Drink only bottled water (including brushing your teeth). Make dinner reservations at specialty resturants ASAP. In the past, these resturants booked very early. That might not be a problem this time around since many of the resorts are not back to full capacity after the hurricane. Bring about $50 in ones for tipping and purchases. If you get change in pesos, you can't change them back to dollars when returning.

Other things to bring that might not be on a normal packing list: insulated cup with lid (keeps drinks cold and clean on the beach), compact umbrella, cheap inflatable raft for the pool (you can leave it there when you come home) and a travel alarm clock. Hint - If it's late or raining and you want a ride back to your room, the people at the entrance will give you a ride (in a golf cart type car) if you ask.. tip is appreciated. Also, I remember having a problem with the room safe. If I recall correctly, you have to turn the knob in the opposite direction first, before turning it in the correct direction (minor I know, but hopefully it will solve a potential little problem).

Have fun! Wish I was going again!

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Beach Resort

We also will be visiting the IB Bavaro for the first time in March and wondered what type of toiletries are in the bathrooms. What should we bring from home? My husband is disabled and can`t walk far, are the restaurants/bars close to the rooms?...thanks.....jean

baltimore, md
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Bavaro Beach Resort

Thanks for all the wonderful info. I will be sure to respond for future patrons when we return!