We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are any health tests/aids tests required to enter the DR?

wisconsin
7 posts
Save Topic
Are any health tests/aids tests required to enter the DR?

As my trip is getting closer, I feel worried that we might be forgetting to do something or that we were unaware of things that may be needed in order to go to DR. Do we have to get tested for aids or any other sicknesses before we go? Please reply!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
48 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are any health tests/aids tests required to enter the DR?

Nope. But you should go to your doctor and get hepatitis needles and malaria pills.

NB Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are any health tests/aids tests required to enter the DR?

hi penumbrae,

You don't need to be tested for anything but you should go and have your hep shots along with the malaria pills. My doc also gave us a prescription for travellers diarrea just incase we come down with it while there. We are not to take these pills before hand. It is just an "incase" thing.

Hope this helps

Budfan

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Are any health tests/aids tests required to enter the DR?

I received a polio shot, hep a shot, chloroquin (anti-malarial), and cipro (anti-diarrhea just in case).

No tests needed.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Are any health tests/aids tests required to enter the DR?

Whatever you bring...

Do not forget Cippro.. It is the only thing that will clear up the runs... trust me.. I didn't have any.. Immodium and al the over the counter crap DOES NOT WORK..

Been there done that!