We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the best rooms at the majestic??

massachusetts
Level Contributor
197 posts
1 review
Save Topic
the best rooms at the majestic??

hi folks..it's ssundiva seeking info. so far this has been one of the best forums and has helped with the difficult process of making decisions. thanks to everyone.

next..what are the best buildings/rooms at the majestic. just booked basic standard suite..dont spend a lot of time in the room. what building is best?? preference is close to beach..possible ocean view..not ground floor..not near children's pool. any recommendations??? thanks.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the best rooms at the majestic??

ssundiva, You found room? Are you going April 21-28? Where did you wind up finding space? I checked every site I could think of for you.

Re rooms, according to Cheap Carribean, Junior Standard Suite is a pool or gardenview. Room numbers are as follows 3243. Building three, floor 2, Room #43. From what I have read, room #40 or better are closer to the beach. There are many opinions over great rooms, but I have also read that all rooms have a good view. Oceanview is an upgraded room.

Hope this helps,

PRIZE

massachusetts
Level Contributor
197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: the best rooms at the majestic??

hi prizefromphilly (again!)

thanks for the info re rooms. actually still booked solid the week you are going so we booked on the day you folks are leaving!!! if you see "ne patriots" gear that'll be us..sipping on cocktails of course!

i will look into more room info. dont want to be far from the beach also not interested in childrens pool area!! hoping the view is the pool or ocean. wonder if all rooms are like that? hear building 1, 2, 4 are good??? guess i will wait and see a bit. of course we know what waiting and obsessing cost me!! although the better half is still alive!!

do you folks visit the jersey shore anymore? we are going down next weekend for a wedding..friday to sunday. also booked a week in july and august..just love the jersey shore beaches..of course with our very own cooler!!

many thanks again. do you already have your room number?

ssundiva

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: the best rooms at the majestic??

Prize......When are you going to the Majestic? I know I just miss you. I will be at the Melia April 30 until May 14. I might be going April 14 to the 21 again for another wedding. Won't know until mid week.....Phil

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: the best rooms at the majestic??

ssundiva.....Forgot to mention there are 5 room types and they are all good. Like you said if you don't spend much time in your room I would ask for anything pool side 2-3-4 floor. You get a balcony and a bit more privacy. If you want to see the ocean......there are ocean views as well as ocean front. View allowing you to see the ocean on an angle.......Have fun and try the Majestic Drink. I really liked it with and without rum....Phil

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the best rooms at the majestic??

Phil, We will be there from 4/20-4/28. So, we are just passing one another. A shame...Frank and you would have a great deal to talk about, as he used to do weddings, although not in tropical paradises. LOLOL

ssundiva, We are in Brigantine at least once a month. Hubbies kids and grandkids live in South Jersey. LOLOL No, stopped doing Wildwood beaches a long time ago. Too far to walk for my tastes. LOLOL Get older and lazier. But, many great Wildwood days to remember! Re cooler, it is simply unAmerican to beach without one. LOLOL And how many ways have you figured out how to conceal the alcohol. LOLOLOL

PRIZE

massachusetts
Level Contributor
197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: the best rooms at the majestic??

hey prize

brigantine is nice..i still like the space from people on the long wide beaches of wildwood. no need to hide the cooler..everyone has one and we arent all drinking pepsi!!! nothing like being on the beach at 8 a.m...drinking a cold one..enjoying the peace and quiet.

enjoy DR and don't forget to leave us late comers some etoh!!! do you know your room yet?? again thanks for all your help.

michigan
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: the best rooms at the majestic??

ssundiva.. were you able to request a specific room when you booked? WHat company did you use? We are going the same time I think.. April 28.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the best rooms at the majestic??

ssundiva, LOLOL It is those long and wide beaches that my middle aged behind can't do anymore. lOLOLOL Am bringing a cooler bag to the Majestic with me. LOLOL

Re room requests, usually do it through whoever you booked with first, then email the resort a week prior. But, all have to remember, it is simply a request and not guaranteed.

PRIZE

massachusetts
Level Contributor
197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: the best rooms at the majestic??

hello again from addicted ssundiva.

markus..we booked through beachdestinations.com...found it to be approx 100 dollars less than cheapcaribbean.com. re rooms.. just requested via our agent not to have ground floor but as prize says.. no guarantee.

we will be there week of 4/28. you too???

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: the best rooms at the majestic??

ssundive, Forgot to ask, what time do you arrive? We do not leave until 4:00 p.m.

PRIZE