We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casa de campo or sunscape casa del Mar for honeymoon in...

Which La Romana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
knoxville, TN
12 posts
Save Topic
casa de campo or sunscape casa del Mar for honeymoon in...

which has better beaches/food/all-inclusive amenities etc...

Price not much of consideration just want to have the best experience....thanks to all...

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: casa de campo or sunscape casa del Mar for honeymoon in...

rfree, I have not been to Casa De Campo but passed their beach on a tour and must say that the beach at Casa Del Mar is far superior.

My pics are posted on webshots.com

under baltobabe

And my reviews of Casa Del Mar are here and on Debbies Dominican.

I LOVE Casa del Mar and am going back in April to celebrate my birthday!

Any questions of CDM please feel free to ask.

also CDM has the most amazing spa! I have some photo shows that I would be glad to share.

drop me an e mail at

pathtomt@aol.com

I will be glad to share them.

all the best,

baltobabe/mt

Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: casa de campo or sunscape casa del Mar for honeymoon in...

Rfree,

My friends were married at Casa Del Mar last year. We did pretty diligent research to lead to a toss up between Casa Del Mar and Casa de Campo. Our travel agent did not ever receive a reply to repeated requests for quotes and availability from Casa de Campo. Does that speak to their customer service?

I have not been to CdC myself but can compare what I have learned about it against what I know of CDM.

I read recently that a cruise ship makes use of the facilities of CdC for a day as a port of call. They offer an afternoon at the beach as a way to spend some time. The beach they use is that of Casa Del Mar. I understand that the beach at CdC isn't very long and is rather rocky. It is a 10 minute shuttle bus ride from the main part of the resort.

CdC is very large. It is thousands of acres, including the famous Teeth of the Dog golf course and a marina. The marina is developed with shops and places to eat. I have no doubt the food is excellent and the rooms and pool beautiful. I believe it was decorated by Oscar de la Renta. It is very remote���it is a distance in order to get anywhere, requiring travel to get to any excursions, and nothing within walking distance.

CDM is very intimate. It has the greatest fried calamari, a buffet that offers something for everybody, and the offerings from the Da Mario restaurant are works of art constructed from the finest food ingredients.

If you are looking for a quiet space to be alone together, try a nook in the Eco Spa or under a palapa on the beach. If you want to dance and party at night, the disco opens at 11. On Friday nights you can join other hotel guests, hotel staff and Bayahibe residents at the disco in Bayahibe. There is a show every night and regular resort activities all day. Beach volleyball, bocce ball, Spanish lessons, cooking classes, quizzes and contests, beach Olympics, water aerobics, step aerobics, water polo. Should you want to go out in a kayak or pedal boat, one can be borrowed from the scuba hut on the beach. The reef area in front of CDM has some of the best snorkeling on the island, and is a snorkeling destination on a few of the day long boat excursions.

CdC has the developed Marina area for a bit of interest. CDM has the real fishing village of Bayahibe at the end of the beach. It is not a 10 minute drive away, but a 10 minute walk. You can stroll down streets where people live and see kids going home from school.

There is a weekly Beach Party and the Manager���s Cocktail Party and a Pool Party at CDM. So much work is put into giving the guest a special evening and it is SO worthwhile. The details.

If money is not a problem, why not book a honeymoon package and stay in a Sunscape Club Room. Flowers to decorate and robes and slippers and breakfast in your room and beer and rum in the minibar and an amazing view of the ocean. Or you can book a suite and have champagne in your fridge and a full bar. You can book a private and romantic dinner for two on the pier, food prepared specially for you with your own server ($160 a couple). The opportunities to make a stay at CDM very special are endless.

I have pictures from my trip in January posted at http://community.webshots.com/user/kaki333. Please feel free to look at them and please feel free to ask any questions.

I love Casa Del Mar! It wants for nothing.

Kaki

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
62 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: casa de campo or sunscape casa del Mar for honeymoon in...

Leaving for CDM at 7 this AM. Will post my ideas. I am hoping it will be a good review.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: casa de campo or sunscape casa del Mar for honeymoon in...

Sunscape Casa del Mar is a better choice I own a timeshare there and can't go this year but I am renting my 2 weeks staring 6/5/05 - 6/12/05 and 6/12/05 - 6/19/05 if anybody is interested e-mail me pandorodriguez@netzero.com

Manchester MI
Level Contributor
149 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: casa de campo or sunscape casa del Mar for honeymoon in...

Rode by the Csa De Campo by water and there beach was nothing, its more about golf I think. My in laws stayed there thought it was all inclusive. It wasn't and it cost them a bundle in the end the place is huge you can see it all from the airplane when you land and take off. We stayed at the Viva I don't think it was a wedding kind of place althogh it was very nice. Good Luck.KK

la romana
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: casa de campo or sunscape casa del Mar for honeymoon in...

CDC is the best Resort, more safe, and exclusive, there are more activities, golf, horses, bike, fishing, kayak, excursion, Altos de Chavon, La Marina, Kandela, etc.,

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: casa de campo or sunscape casa del Mar for honeymoon in...

We are all entitled to our opinion, but when it comes to a comparison of one resort to the other, I want to clarify that Casa Del Mar is very and completely safe, offers horseback riding, kayaking, fishing and excursions, as well the Kandela, Altos de Chavon and golfing opportunities are available to CDM guests as well.

You would have to compare the features of the resort itself--the beach, size of complex, lobby area, rooms, price, etc. to see if they suit your needs and where you would happier.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: casa de campo or sunscape casa del Mar for honeymoon in...

One of the firt places for comparison should be the beach, you can go to webshots and see lots of pictures of the beach as CDM or Casa de Campo look and compare for your self.

all the best,

baltobabe/mt