We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP Bouganville, 2014

Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
780 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
GBP Bouganville, 2014

Just booked the Grand Bahia Principe Bouganville for Feb 2014. Anyone else going?

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP Bouganville, 2014

do you mean the Luxury Bahia Bouganville? we are there March 2 - 16. Have spent the little extra and booked ocean front.

Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
780 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP Bouganville, 2014

Yes thats we booked too. Did you book through Air Canada.. great deals right now. I think once its totally finished, and is opened to more air carriers, the price is going to go up.

We go Feb 16.. P.S. I see we are neighbours

Charlene

Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
780 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP Bouganville, 2014

Yes thats we booked too. Did you book through Air Canada.. great deals right now. I think once its totally finished, and is opened to more air carriers, the price is going to go up.

We go Feb 16.. P.S. I see we are neighbours

Charlene

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP Bouganville, 2014

Yes we also booked through Air Canada. We had picked this resort with our friends, travelling Air Transat. We have flown AT in the past and really like the upgrade to Club Class. AT had horrible flight times, late afternoon departing here, and arrive home after midnight.

Did a little more research and found the Air Canada. Could not believe the difference in price. We saved about $600 ++.

How do you get to Toronto? Shuttle or drive?

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP Bouganville, 2014

Forgot to ask how long you are going for?

We originally wanted February 23, but when we booked there was only 1 room and we are 2 couples, AC offered to give us the same pricing and fly us into Punta Cana and they'd pay the transfer to La Romana. But that's wasn't agreeable too us so we aren't going until the next week.

Yes we are neighbours, we actually are in Courtice.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
La Romana
La Romana
Dominican Republic
Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
780 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GBP Bouganville, 2014

Wow. I just booked on Sunday and there were lots for my date.. I talked to AC about their limited tickets and pricing, because the availability and pricing was so different. She told me that TC buy so many seats and can sell at what ever price they want. So that explained why they had so many and the price was almost $350.00 cheaper per person.

We usually hire Mr Limo... Because this trip we are leaving and arriving home on a sunday.. we "might" do the park and fly.. Classique van lines is also good, if you are travelling with more that 2..

Too bad you weren't travelling when we were, would have been nice for us all to get together for a drink.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GBP Bouganville, 2014

We had trouble getting our preferred dates because we wanted ocean front. it was only $75/week more. But the webpage clearly said only 5 available at that price. Not surprised, each carrier only gets so many rooms of the resort. We are members of a travel club so always look around pick what we want and then book with our club agent. Get same pricing as online and a refund after we get home of about 5%. We refuse to go Sunwing ever again.

We go to Toronto on Saturday, share a room at the Sheraton with our friends. We use 401 Shuttle. Private transfers, no sharing. Comparative pricing.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Triton, Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: GBP Bouganville, 2014

We booked yesterday out of NL march 31-apr 14.

Trenton, Canada
Level Contributor
780 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GBP Bouganville, 2014

I think I've only flown sunwing once. Did you have a bad experience? Hopefully we can get more people that are going on this forum... Hopefully there will be someone going before I do, so they can give us some info...Drof92 where is NL?

Triton, Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: GBP Bouganville, 2014

Its Newfoundland, we're flying Transat. We paid $2000 tax in for 2 weeks each.

Edited: 7:39 pm, October 04, 2013
Get answers to your questions about La Romana