We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Listening to a voice of experience, Eskimo

Which La Romana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CPD
Chicago
5 posts
Save Topic
Listening to a voice of experience, Eskimo

Fantastic posts!, Sounds like you really enjoyed yourselves. Can you recommend any excursions? In your experience is the VIP package worth the extra $? Thanks

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Listening to a voice of experience, Eskimo

The girl that massaged my friends was having her 4th baby and asked for clothing for her children and sandwiches for herself and some to take home. They gave her an old navy tank top that their son would outgrow shortly. Off topic but Eskimo have you stayed at Breezes in Peurto Plata ever??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Listening to a voice of experience, Eskimo

Candle no we haven't stayed at breezes we were almost going to go there instead of Santana but wife wanted to go to the south coast for a change. Have u stayed there ?

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Listening to a voice of experience, Eskimo

I was looking at it and then started to read the reviews and it sounds like the water is pretty rough and the rooms might be abit run down. With 2 girls, 5 and 8 by then I still want calm water and pools with gradual entry. I was attracted to their pool, it looks amazing and has many gradual entry slopes around it. We are looking at going for 10 days and there are not many destinations that offer 10 day packages. Where have you stayed in Peurto Plata, we have been to the Bahia. (its really run down compared to the Sirenis and Santana.)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Listening to a voice of experience, Eskimo

I stayed at the Breezes last year and would not recommend it, especially if you have children. The beach area is the worst I've encountered. Five out of the seven days the RED flag was flying, which meant that the waves were to rough to go in. The beach area is dirty, chairs broken, garbage everywhere and the sand has many hugh drifts leaving mounds of seaweed all over the beach. Very rarely do you see anyone cleaning up the area.

The resort is nice, lots of hot tubs and the pool(s) are fantastic, you can swim forever. Which might make up for the beach for some, but I come for the ocean.

The rooms were standard, nothing fancy but clean. Food was good, massages great, and the entertainment average.

Hope this helps!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Listening to a voice of experience, Eskimo

We love the Riu hotels in Puerto Plata, but we have mostly stayed in the Playa Dorado area at standard 3 star hotels which were last min bookings. I think this coming xmas and new years will either be at the riu in Punta Cana or back to the Riu in Puerto plata.

Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
53 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Listening to a voice of experience, Eskimo

So Eskimo - do you usually book last minute?? There are really great deals I noticed. We travel with another couple and wondered what the chances of getting 4 of us in for the deals would be - I usually try to stay at 3*plus to 4 star!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Listening to a voice of experience, Eskimo

Born the only time we pre book is for the 2 weeks at xmas and the New years weeks. I start looking in August do my research then book in Sept or October. All other week i go last min, great deals by booking then and yes u can get great deals on 3 or 4 star hotels but u have to be fast to book. some deal are so cheap if u don't click the BUY botton fast u won't get it.

Ross

Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
53 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Listening to a voice of experience, Eskimo

Thanks Eskimo!

Yeah, I usually feel safer booking in October (we got the VIP special that way) plus the extra leg room on the plane since we were returning GTD clients..

The last minute thing I noticed esp. on TravelLastMinute - you have to book before midnight that very same day to hit the jackpot!!

Born