We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing

Edison, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Topic
fishing

is it possible to charter a cheap fishing trip like on a panga boat or something like that??

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing

Don't know the word "Panga"

But there are guys on the beach that will offer to take you out. Took my rod down to the beach a couple of times & had a couple of offers...

Sparky

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,275 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing

I am not sure what you call cheap, but contact Sara from Bayhibe Fishing Center, she is posting here too under the name bigbite and she will give you more info.

Sparky from Wikipedia

"The Panga is a type of modest-sized, open, outboard-powered, fishing boat common throughout much of the developing world" ... so the typical fishing boats local fishermen use, I think they use word chanchi here :) - (btw I didn't know either and had to look LOL)

Happy travel

Denise

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing

Thanks Denise..:-)

It was early here & I was off to work , so no time to Google it..

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fishing

They call it here yola. I think that will be the closet thing.

Chanchi is inflatable boat used in large boats or vessels to get from the boat to the beach

Edison, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: fishing

Sara, I will be at Ba Live On sunday nov.5th. I will contact you when I get there.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fishing

Great!!! See you then

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Bayahibe, La Romana
Level Contributor
3,275 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fishing

I didn't know that chanchi is inflatable boat . Many people here talk about chanchi but I didn't see any inflatable boat in the bay, mostly the yolas, so I thought they use either or for the same type of boat. Sorry Peter for giving you a wrong word LOL

Denise

8. Re: fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 07, 2012