We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santana Beach & Tours & Golf

North Judson, IN
3 posts
Save Topic
Santana Beach & Tours & Golf

Am going to this resort on October 8. I've heard such conflicting reports, so we hope it'll be a good place to go.

Has anyone golfed at the Guavaberry Course. And what about the Samoa trip. What about shopping?

Would appreciate any input!

Thanks

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santana Beach & Tours & Golf

Please post when you return and tell me everything about this resort!! We booked today for January 30th departure. Our guys are golfing at the "teeth of the dog" coarse. Is it the same one you are talking about? We are flying into LaRomana, are you flying into their or Punta Cana? I'm sure the bridge will be fixed by the time you go anyways. We are leary about the beach the most, were not expecting crystal clear, but we are expecting it to be clean. My family of four are traveling with another couple and their 2 children so hopefully we can make the best of what is there! Hope you have a great holiday and let me know how the golf goes.

North Judson, IN
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Santana Beach & Tours & Golf

HI!

Yes, I will post when we return. We also are not expecting much from the beach, but have read great reviews on the pool and everything else. We also feel that Apple Vacations, who we are taking, only book hotels that people enjoy, or else they wouldn't include it in their packages. They rate it a 4 apple. We have vacationed with them before and have always been happy. We are traveling with our 3 year old granddaughter, so I'll have lots to report on children's activities. We also signed up for the VIP package.

Pittsburgh
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Santana Beach & Tours & Golf

Hi, My boyfriend and i will be staying at the Santana beach resort in early November. Please let me know how it was.

Thanks,

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santana Beach & Tours & Golf

are you flying into La Romana or Punta Cana? Please post when you return and tell me about the resort and the bridge that I hope is repaired!!

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santana Beach & Tours & Golf

oosterhoff are you home yet?

North Judson, IN
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Santana Beach & Tours & Golf

Hello,

Unfortunatly, we were unable to go to Santana Beach Resort! The bridge was out and we didn't even find out we were being put up at another hotel until 12 hours prior to departure and then Apple Vacations said take it or cancel! We were sent to Sunscape, which was a nice hotel and all inclusive. We were however disappointed as the golfing from there at the Guavaberry course was to be $55 and we were told by Apple rep we could only go to Teeth of the Dog, which was $225, plus taxi. We were also unable to take the tour to Santa Domingo as again the bridge was out. They said it was to be fixed before we left, but then on the 15th of October when we did leave, they said maybe the next week. So........good luck to any of you going soon.....we were rather disappointed and especially with Apple Vacations as we had a VIP package for Santana Beach which wasn't offered at the Sunscape.....now Apple said they won't refund that portion.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santana Beach & Tours & Golf

I was on Debbies DR travel site yesterday and someone posted that the bridge was rebuilt now. Thats too bad that you had to switch resorts. We were told if the bridge wasnt done we would go by ferry or we would go by one bus to were the bridge was and there was a pedestian walk over the river and then another bus would pick us up and take us to the resort. Sounds confusing with 4 children. I'll just hope it is for sure rebuilt. At least you would have crystal clear blue water, right???!!!

London, Ontario
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Santana Beach & Tours & Golf

How was your vacation? I will be travelling to Santana Beach in La Romana on November 14, 2004.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Santana Beach & Tours & Golf

Candle Maker wife and i will be at Santana december 25,2004 till january 8,2005 i can give u the full scoop when we get back.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Santana Beach & Tours & Golf

the bridge is fixed my tour operator said we will be flying to La Romana December 25,2004.

Get answers to your questions about La Romana