We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santana Beach Resort <<Here NOW.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Santana Beach Resort <<Here NOW.

Hi all ,Just a few words about all the bad publicity Santana has gotten over the last few months. Must say I was worryied as well befor arriving on Friday Jan. 7th 2005.

All I can say is WOW all is good but the food is just not up to my standards but buffets are plentiful and changed everyday.Th egrilla nd pasta bars are the best. Beachis ok not white but very enjoyable pool area is crazy and very big and enjoyable . If anyone needs some help about certain things i'll try to get back on the intrernet and answer some questions.*Got to get some more RAYS now see you soon.

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
874 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Santana Beach Resort <<Here NOW.

Boulia See you there!!! I'm sure the girls will meet and be friends by the end of the week. Our girls are hoping to get some dance lessons from the animation team!! Chelsea takes ballet and Kassidy takes acro. They are very excited to say the least!!

Ottawa, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Santana Beach Resort <<Here NOW.

Going on March 18th for 7 days. Myself, wife and children aged 4 and 7.

???'s.

Are there any bugs/mosquitos.

Are there enough beach loungers?

Are we able to go fishing...can we pay for fishing excursions?

Do you need the malaria pills.

Anything to do outside the resort?

FrozenInOttawa

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Santana Beach Resort <<Here NOW.

snorkeling equip is free but i would bring my own mouth peice who knows how many pepole have used the ones they have.

Hamilton Ontario
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Santana Beach Resort <<Here NOW.

Hey everyone,

If you want good snorkelling than go on the Saona Island Day trip, it is well worth the money. It cost us $70.00 us dollars each for a full day and they stop at what they call a natural swimming pool and you can snorkel there and it is truly beautiful. They take you by Catamaran one way and by speedboat the other way, but again well worth it.

We were there from Jan 9 - Jan 16

There is no way you can snorkel at the Santana beach but all in all it is a beautiful resort.

Enjoy, we certainly did

Oshawa Ontario
11 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Santana Beach Resort <<Here NOW.

Ola Senorita! Glad to hear youa re havin fun. Coud you tell me if the resort rseems eally tame? I'm going on an all girls trip with sister and friends around February 12th and were we're all around 22-24 yrs of age so we're looking for a fairly live and young party atmosphere. We were suppose to go to Cancun but our hotel beach was destroyed by the hurricanes that past and so we decided on this resort. Was ther a nice mixture of young adults and familes or did it seem to be all families? Also, I was very surprised to hear about the water. I travel all the time and I've been tot he Dominican ..Puerta Plata at least 4 times before and well the beached there the darker sand and water ..I had always heard that Punta Cana and this side of the island was the light blue caribbean type beach and water. Thanks!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: Santana Beach Resort <<Here NOW.

sand and beach at santana is no different then Puerto plata.

Oshawa Ontario
11 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Santana Beach Resort <<Here NOW.

Oh really? Well then it can't be that bad. What aboutt eh atmosphere? Any party goers? Young adults? The fact that it's isolated kinda makes me nervous. What about excurions ...was there a catamaran trip ..they're usually good for a party.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: Santana Beach Resort <<Here NOW.

there are many differnet types of tours