We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from IBHD

Which La Romana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cape cod, ma
11 posts
Save Topic
Just got back from IBHD

Hi all,

We just got back from the IBHD and OMG what a marvelous place. Thank you to all who gave advice on various questions.

You were all right : ) I will post a review when I can. We never got sick and ate anything and everything in sight. We went for our anniversary and they sent a plate of fruit and a bottle of rum with a nice little note to the room. It was great.

I have nothing bad at all to say about the place. Any questions feel free to ask!

Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back from IBHD

Welome back! My girlfriend and I are heading to IBHD in July and were wondering if you have recommendations for the best rooms to request. Did you request a specific room and if so how did you do it and did you have any luck?

Thanks,

Adam

Indiana
Level Contributor
469 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back from IBHD

Stcori,

So glad to hear you had a wonderful time! Can't wait to read your review and maybe relive my trip a little!!

Palms/Lacey

Fairfax, VA
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back from IBHD

Vector2222,

I stayed at the IBHD from May 13th - 20. We stayed in building six on the second floor, with a room facing the interior. We were happy with the assignment. I'm not sure that there really is much difference between the rooms and buildings. My advice would be to ask for a room on the second or third floor facing inwards.

The higher floor gives you a better view and helps keep the critters out. (not that critters where a problem.)

Facing inwards lets you enjoy a view of the gardens or pool.

Honestly once you get there the location of the room is not a big deal. You probably won't be in it much and none of the buildings are so far away as to make getting anywhere inconvenient.

We could get from our room in bldg six to almost anyplace on the grounds in less than 10 minutes and that was with my three year old stopping every five steps.

cape cod, ma
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back from IBHD

We stayed in room 3219. We liked it although the view was sort of the back of another resort, so we decided to stay put. The room was very private and quiet in a corner which was nice. We got one of the bigger balconies. We met people from lots of different buildings and no complaints. Have a great trip. You WILL LOVE it!!!! You can request a particular building or an upgrade and they will do what they can to accomodate!

Jersey, Channel...
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back from IBHD

Hi

So glad you had a good time.

What was the weather like?

cape cod, ma
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back from IBHD

The weather was wonderful. We were worried as it rained the whole week before we got there and the forecast was more rain. It stopped raining as we flew into the airport in La Romana, rained one early evening for about 15-20 minutes and never rained again while we were there. It was sunny and VERY hot. I am a "sun goddess" and will not even touch sunblock but by day 3 I was blocking up with 45. I very rarely burn but believe me you will burn. Feels sometimes like you are sitting on the sun...I am not complaining.I loved every hot second of it!

Have a great time!!!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
198 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got back from IBHD

We just got back from IHD 5/28. My review is posted....I have pics @ www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp…