We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaki or Baltobabe question

Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Kaki or Baltobabe question

Hey there you two I have a question that I'm sure you guys would be able to answer for me. We are due to arrive in PC at 3:55pm on a Tuesday. I have read that it will take about 90 minutes to 2 hours to get from there to CDM. I think that is the evening they have the buffet on the beach. By the time we get to the resort check -in and sorted out will we have missed the beach party?? What would your suggestions be for us to do when we arrive at CDM if any??

Thanks so much you two

flutter

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Kaki or Baltobabe question

Hi Flutter...

First I suggest you send an email down to

Shirley Sanchez who comes back on Monday from Vacation:

Shirley Sanchez

concierge@sunscapecasadelmar.com.do

CDM

let her know your details and ask what she suggests...

Also you won't go hungry...as there will be other options..not sure which ones they will be of the day you arrive but Shirley will be able to tell you for sure.

Let me know if you need anything else

baltobabe@comcast.net

Have a SUNsational time!

bb/mt

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,086 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Kaki or Baltobabe question

Hey flutter!

You're exactly right. Tuesdays are Beach Party night these days. You should be out of the airport by 4:15 and to the hotel by 6. Check in and a quick clean up in your room and you'll be ready for the official opening of the dinner at 6:30. They can serve you wine and you have salad or appetizers and then a leisurely dinner until as late as 9:30 even. The kids will start the show and the real Taino show on the beach will start toward 10. You won't miss a thing! Even if you're delayed, a lot of food is made fresh at the beach and I've arrived at 8:30 and still had a wonderful meal.

Not to worry!

Kaki

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Kaki or Baltobabe question

The beach party doesn't really get into full swing til around 7pm so you should really be fine...

I would still send the note to Shirley...just to introduce yourself...

Enjoy!

bb/mt

Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
4. Re: Kaki or Baltobabe question

WOW you guys are really fast!!!!

Thanks for the info. I am glad that we will be in time to enjoy the festivities.

I will drop Shirley a line thanks. Is Shirley with the sunscape forum friends??

I think I may have mentioned to you Baltobabe that we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary so we are getting excited. 24 more days to go.

Thanks again to both of you

flutter

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Kaki or Baltobabe question

Kerry is the gal who takes care of forum friends but she is on vacation now...so Shirley is going to be overseeing it while Kerry is gone...

Make sure to stop by guest services and let Shirley know you are have arrived...Kerry has left everyones names and info for her!

Have a SUNsational Trip!

bb/mt

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Kaki or Baltobabe question

Oh Flutter...LOL! I thought you were leaving sooner! Kerry will be back on October 12th....you will be fine as far as meeting her...LOL!

bb/mt

Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
7. Re: Kaki or Baltobabe question

Thank you Baltobabe

I will do that........both talk to Shirley and have a sunsational time.

flutter

Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
8. Re: Kaki or Baltobabe question

Ok then, I will talk to both Kerry and Shirley.... the more the better. I would love to meet them.

flutter

PS balto I just like to plan ahead and be prepared. Planning is a big part of the fun for me

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,086 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Kaki or Baltobabe question

I am such a planner! Once I've planned my own trips, I plan my friends' trips! The details and the organization of it are definitely part of my fun. Weddings, events, parties, vacations. Give me something to organize and I'm happy!

Kaki

Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
10. Re: Kaki or Baltobabe question

Glad to hear Kaki that I am not the only one who does this!!! ;) I drive the family crazy as I am ALWAYS on travel sites looking this up, looking that up then printing it out.............

I do the count downs too. Hard to tell sometimes who the kid really is????? So with that 23 days until La Romana!!!!

cheers

flutter