We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animation Resorts?

Alberta
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Topic
Animation Resorts?

Hola!

just wondering if anyone knows of a good resort for 2 parents and their 16&19 year old daughters. We were in Punta Cana this Feb. and the daughters loved the animation team-ha...go figure! anyways, so just wondering of a hotel that has an animation team that likes to mingle or be around the people? Any suggestions?

thanks-Breanna

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Indiana
Level Contributor
469 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Animation Resorts?

bananaramma,

Hey, I am 26 and just got back from the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus in La Romana, and it was wonderful! Everything about this place was great including the animation team. They work very hard! They were great to chat with during the day, but never too pushy if you didn't want to join in on their fun activites they have throughout the day. They also put on pretty good performances at the night shows. Lots of interacting with the guests. Hope this helps, look at the shots of this resort on webshots.

Palms/Lacey

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus
Iberostar Hacienda...
9,487 Reviews
Dominican Republic
La Romana
La Romana
Dominican Republic
Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Animation Resorts?

Hi there! Palms is right!

I've heard that the Iberostar chain is very consistent with their service and how they train the employees.

We just came back from Iberostar in Cuba and the animation team seemed really good for people who enjoy that kind of entertainment! They were a lot of fun, but at the same time very professional. They never bothered us though, as we are not at all into organized activities.

We were extremely pleased with the Iberostar staff.

IHD is where I'm heading next in the DR!!!!! CAN'T WAIT!

Good luck!!! (keep an eye on those girls lol lol)

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Animation Resorts?

Hi Bananaramma, Palms and Bella! Iberostar does a great job training their staff. Have been to 3 Iberostars in Mexico and IBHD in LaRomana and all were excellant! Very nice folks!

Also have been to Casa Del Mar in LaRomana and their staff does a bang up job also! The will chat with the folks who choose to but do not overstep if you would rather be alone.

All the best,

baltobabe/mt

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,060 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Animation Resorts?

The animation team at Casa del Mar is great. They keep you hopping all day, are so sweet to talk to, are specialized in the activities that they lead and can easily become your friends.

Animacion excellente!

Kaki

Alberta
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Animation Resorts?

Thanks everyone...sounds great!

I will be looking into both hotels for the next trip!

Alberta
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Animation Resorts?

Hey sorry to bother you guys all again...

these two hotels--I am guessing that there is quite a difference in pricing as I see that the IB. is the #1 rated in La romana. Looking for a decent price not sure if that's in our range. Ha sorry-I am a picky person! However thanks again for all the help!

Mentioned in this post
La Romana
La Romana
Dominican Republic
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Animation Resorts?

Hi Breanna, I have photoshows of both of the hotels if you would like to see them. I was at IHBD last June and August and have been to Casa Del Mar this year in January, April and returning in August.

e mail if you would like the photoshows:

pathtomt@aol.com

all the best,

baltobabe/mt

Indiana
Level Contributor
469 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Animation Resorts?

bananaramma,

Hey make sure you still check the pricing for the IHD, I know sometimes you can find a good deal there. We did, paid 930.00 pp before taxes for 8 nights the end of april. Just don't rule it out without checking, because it is absolutely gorgeous!

The Sunscape may be a little cheaper, but from what I've seen they usually are not that far apart, at least through my travel company here in the US.

Also, after walking the beaches in la romana, the Iberostar, the Sunscape, and the Hilton Canoa Coral looked the best, we didn't really care for the others. Good Luck, I'm sure you'll find the perfect spot!

Palms/Lacey

Mentioned in this post
Canoa
Canoa
64 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Animation Resorts?

Banana! What is your price range, you should not be paying more than $1,200.00 pp, and most likely you'll find it for cheaper than that. Do some research online!

Alberta
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Animation Resorts?

Alright- ha thanks again! :D