We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Marina beach is gone? Is that true?

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newfoundland
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Marina beach is gone? Is that true?

I have recently just read a couple of reviews stating that the beach is gone.... I booked this resort with two kids who love going to the beach and building sandcastles.. I hope this is not true. Also how far of a walk is it to Sousa beach it is hard to get a good picture of it on a map and the distance?

thanks

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Marina beach is gone? Is that true?

Me and two friends are leaving in 3 weeks for the Casa Marina. The beach isn't totally gone I've heard, but it is quite a bit smaller. Sosua beach is about a 10 minute walk and I've heard the water is much calmer there (better for snorkling).

oshawa
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Marina beach is gone? Is that true?

I just retuned from a two week holiday, and yes the beach is gone. Apparently there used to be a soccer field there, and 200 feet has washed away, and moved to the condo 300 feet next door. (Tsunami) even the DR locals dont know whats going on. Everyone is crammed on 60-70 feet, still enough room for sand castles, but hurry, apparently they're losing a foot a week. Any questions email me at tiffanybeth@hotmail.com

oshawa
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Marina beach is gone? Is that true?

Oh- I forgot to mention Sosua, its just around the corner less than 10 minutes. beach chairs are 40-60 pesos ( people own every 10 feet of beach. Beers are 50 if you walk up to one of the bars, and 70 delivered to your chair. It's a nice calm beach for children, the one at the hotel has better waves.

Raymore, Sask...
Level Contributor
599 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Marina beach is gone? Is that true?

Yes there are a couple of bars on Sosua Beach owned and run by Canadains. The Jungle Juiced on lot 147 is owned by a couple of dudes from Vancouver. Great bugers, cold beer,great veiw, friendy service, what more can you ask for? Check them out.