We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

College gals

buffalo
Level Contributor
483 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
College gals

4 college girls - 20 & 21yrs traveling to Puerto Plata 5/20/14. Any suggestion were they would fit in best - Riu Merengue, Riu Bachata, Barceló Puerto Plata - then another 50.00ish for Be Live Grand Marien or VH Gran Ventana!

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: College gals

I would put the Rius last on the list due to their remoteness from outside activities.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,763 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: College gals

Rius a definite LAST on the list. Look at Cabarete as an alternative. Here the beach is lined with restaurants, shops, bars and clubs and the party goes on to the wee hours of the morning. You will find a good mix of locals, tourists and expats here.

BObK

buffalo
Level Contributor
483 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: College gals

Thanks.... The only decent hotel in Caberate is the Viva Wyndham at our price. Now that I'm thinking outside POP - I also see the Casa Marina in Sosua. Any other votes out there for college kids? Viva Wyndham, Casa Marina, Barcelo Puerto Plata, or Be Live Grand Marien. (RIU's are off the list and I'm assuming the Ventana & Iberostar aren't geared for fun college kids) HELP! :)

buffalo
Level Contributor
483 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: College gals

That's the Viva Wyndham Tangerine

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,763 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: College gals

#1 tangerine

#2Casa Marina

BObK

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: College gals

Viva's location allows you to party in Cabarete, that would be first on my list for you as well.

Level Contributor
228 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: College gals

Viva Wyndham for a group of girls

buffalo
Level Contributor
483 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: College gals

Sounds good - down to 2 - Wyndham Viva Tangerine & Casa Marina Beach. The girls have read many reviews, want to take your advise but are leary how windy everyone reports at the Viva. With that said, would you still advise Viva (considering the hotel amenities too) for fun and just suck up the wind? We really want to book ASAP, so please respond

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: College gals

l have Stayed at both and my Vote would be casa marina as Very Windy at Viva the sand gets every where plus would have to take a cab to the nightlife ....at the CM no wind Plus bars and clubs Just a short stroll :)

10. Re: College gals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 04, 2015