We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Canadians and 1 American meeting to go to same resort??

PEI
Level Contributor
133 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
2 Canadians and 1 American meeting to go to same resort??

We are meeting our Mother at the airport in Puerto Plata to go to and stay in the same Jr Suite...how does this work..we are booking from Cananda and she is booking flight only from NJ..anybody ever done this before?? Thanks

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Canadians and 1 American meeting to go to same resort??

It is a small airport so just meet up outside customs, there are chairs there and a few small stores. Easy to do.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Canadians and 1 American meeting to go to same resort??

Just book arriving at about the same time and the one getting there first wait for the other one at the airport. Or go to the resort separate.

While not out of Canada . . I have met up with others traveling in US. Although in past we would meet up at a Hub airport . . like all fly to Miami then down or Atlanta then down on same flight.

No harm though getting all the way there on different flights.

PEI
Level Contributor
133 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Canadians and 1 American meeting to go to same resort??

just wondering ..does she just pay all inclusive fees to resort when she gets there? thank heavens its a small airport! be sure not to miss her! lol

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Canadians and 1 American meeting to go to same resort??

I guess it depends on resort. If not prepaid I guess the person showing up first is going to need to pay huh.

Yes airport is small - the is a little bar Jet Lag people talk about just outside the airport entrance people talk about that you could always meet up to.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k53834…

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 Canadians and 1 American meeting to go to same resort??

My suggestion would be to go to a travel agent to book the trip, especially if you are planning on sharing the same room. A travel agent will be able to assist you in the booking process and you know it will be booked properly. I would definitely not book through the internet for this type of travel arrangement.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,009 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 Canadians and 1 American meeting to go to same resort??

cbl1, the jet lag bar is in Punta Cana airport, this is Puerto Plata forum.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
575 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 Canadians and 1 American meeting to go to same resort??

sorry - on my computer all the Dominican ones come up together - I apologize I didn't notice she was going into Puerto Plata.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,354 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 Canadians and 1 American meeting to go to same resort??

If your mom is a registered guest at the hotel then her fees should be covered. If she is your guest at the resort then she will have to pay the guest fee and this can actually be much more expensive then if she is a registered guest.

My advice is make sure she is a registered guest and arrange that before she gets there as she will get a much better deal reserving her stay before she arrives.

BObK

PEI
Level Contributor
133 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 Canadians and 1 American meeting to go to same resort??

Thanks Bob, we have our Canadian Travel Agent working on trying to figure it out, but what you said is what I assumed would be the cheaper/easier way! ..While I have you..do you know the name of the Spa at the Cofresi Palm Beach and Spa in Puerto Plata..trying to find some prices for a relaxation day when we are all there!! Thanks for the advise..appreciate it!! Brenda

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,354 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2 Canadians and 1 American meeting to go to same resort??

Sorry I do not know the name of the spa. Did you check their web site?

BObK