We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with a question regarding Barcelo Puerto Plata

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Help with a question regarding Barcelo Puerto Plata

My extended family is thinking about a family type vacation here in Feb. My sister in-law is concerned this might not be a place to unwind and relax- more of a party type place? Any and all feedback would be great as they're time is some what tight for booking.

Thanks AJ

niagara falls...
Level Contributor
370 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with a question regarding Barcelo Puerto Plata

Hi,

Stayed twice last year, did not find it to be a party place at all. Once the nightly show ends at exactly 11pm the courtyard quiets down and the disco starts out at the beach grill which is located away from the room buildings. During the day the atmosphere wasn't anymore "partyish" than others I have been to. Please read my review for more details about the resort.

We really enjoyed our time there and are contemplating a return visit this March.

B

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
919 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with a question regarding Barcelo Puerto Plata

I stayed at the Barcelo twice last year and loved it....the first time was in April, not a lot of oartying then. When I went back in July my trip coincided with an S-trip, so there were 600 teenagers from Canada running around virtually unsupervised. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, but then again I'm rarely on the resort anyway. If you are booking in Feb. I would check the S-trip website and Breakaway Tours as well as they may be running some spring break trips.

3. Re: Help with a question regarding Barcelo Puerto Plata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 02, 2015