We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in the evenings in September/October

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in the evenings in September/October

Hi, we have been to the Dominican 3 times before, at various times of year. I have found at certain times of the year in the evening I found it very hot, and another time quite chilly. The problem is I just can't remember when/which (doh)! We are planning our next trip for hopefully end of September, beginning of October. I'm just wondering if I should take a few light jackets etc. for the evenings?

Cape May, New Jersey
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in the evenings in September/October

I go to the Dominican about 6 times a year, and have been there in October a few times. I have always taken light sweaters but never needed them. It also depends on what part of the country you are going to, the coasts are fine. Just to be safe, bring a light ome, it rains a bit, not for long though. Have fun!

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,257 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in the evenings in September/October

The evenings are still warm until mid to late October when it cools off some. Still many ladies will use a light sweater or wrap in the evenings.

BObK

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in the evenings in September/October

We usually go in late Sept / early Oct and I take a very thin lacy wrap. I never need it, in fact I usually have to reclaim it from lost property the next day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in the evenings in September/October

Thank you for your replies. We are looking at Puerto Plata again. So, if we manage to get it booked, I shall take some light wraps :-)

5. Re: Weather in the evenings in September/October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 21, 2014