We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be Live Grand Marien - Wifi? Room?

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
357 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Be Live Grand Marien - Wifi? Room?

I decided to switch from Cofresi to Be Live because 1. I just returned from Be Live Punta Cana and loved it, and 2. I really don't want to have anything to do with the Lifestyle annoying and confusing tier system (and what appears to be just a huge scam to get people to buy timeshares). Now that I have peace of mind, I have a couple of small questions I was hoping someone will help me with.

Does Be Live have wifi? Is the coverage good? I was able to use wifi on the beach and in my room in Punta Cana so wondering if it's the same. What is the cost per week?

Additionally, I booked a standard room. Which building is the best/newest?

Thanks in advance!!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,991 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Be Live Grand Marien - Wifi? Room?

Hi Alice,

Yes the Be Live Grand Marien does have wifi at the resort and it is also available in some rooms but I dont have the up to date costs it was $45/50 for a week.

You might like to email the resort for current costs at :-

Email :- marien.res@belivehotels.com

Tel :- 809 320 1515

Fax :- 809 320 1414

Angie.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,991 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Be Live Grand Marien - Wifi? Room?

Just to add the newest rooms are in the new blocks which are #6-8-9 which have the upgraded superior rooms.

Here is a map of the resort.

http://tinyurl.com/c867v5o

Angie.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
357 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Be Live Grand Marien - Wifi? Room?

Thank you so much Angie! I'll try emailing although I find you almost never get a reply from resorts.

Thanks for the building tip and the map. I booked a "standard" room so I'm not sure if that's the same as "superior". Sometimes superior is just a fancy way of saying standard, ha ha. I'll include a request for those buildings in my email also.

Thanks again!

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Be Live Grand Marien - Wifi? Room?

Alice - did you already go? if yes, how was your experience and which building did you stay at? how was the food?

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
357 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Be Live Grand Marien - Wifi? Room?

I am leaving on Monday, January 21. I will write a full report as soon as I am back so check back for my review shortly after January 27.

Shelburne, Ontario
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Be Live Grand Marien - Wifi? Room?

We will be there this Friday. Look for the 10 crazy Canadians at the pool - that will be us!!

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
357 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Be Live Grand Marien - Wifi? Room?

I love crazy Canadians! haha. See you there!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Be Live Grand Marien - Wifi? Room?

We are going on Feb 25, will be watching for your comments !!

Shelburne, Ontario
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Be Live Grand Marien - Wifi? Room?

So the scoop on the wi fi is....$25.00 gives you 25 hours and you can get wi fi anywhere on the resort - at the pool, in your room, at the beach bar, wherever. We bought $25.00 worth and we still had 15 hours left when we left this morning. I am thinking this must be new as other people have said there was no wi fi

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
357 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Be Live Grand Marien - Wifi? Room?

What Lynne said. I also got the 25/25 deal and don't think I will end up using it all.

Might as well answer my own room question while I'm at it in case someone else looks at this thread. Our first room was on the first floor and the smell of mold was overwhelming. Third floor room does not have that.