We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're home from the Riu Bachata....

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
We're home from the Riu Bachata....

....and we had a wonderful & relaxing trip!

Will field any questions....

Cavendish, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cayo Coco
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We're home from the Riu Bachata....

Do they have alcohol dispensers in the room? If so what brands?

Would you book the Riu Bachata or the other Riu?

Thank you for your help.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We're home from the Riu Bachata....

So glad all went well and you enjoyed your vacation.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We're home from the Riu Bachata....

Banshee.....yes, there are Liquor Optics in the rooms & the safe is included in the price too. As to the brand, I'm sorry but I didn't look to see...didn't use the Optics at all :(

For us, we enjoyed the Bachata. Rooms have been refurbished with fresh coat of paint, tiles/flooring repaired, crown moulding around the ceilings. Colour scheme in the rooms changed to the new Royal Blue & white...very crisp & regal looking !! Dinning room & Italian a la carte has had a new coat of paint, along with the Pool Bar & tables/chairs & everything is sparkling !!

Wirral
Level Contributor
961 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We're home from the Riu Bachata....

hi, Could you see any updating in the Merengue? Reviews say they need updating and it seems the Rui complex is slowing being updated, just wondered if theyd got around to starting on the Merengue.

Glad you had a good hol :)

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We're home from the Riu Bachata....

tinmen....I didn't see much updating at the Merengue. One thing that does need to be fixed is the roof in the main Lobby. We had a major the rain on Tuesday & quite a bit of water leaked in, causing a huge puddle on the floor. My friend said that it was a mess !

& as I mentioned in one of my other posts...the Merengue has incorporated the Mambo into it's property , but it's not being utilized like it should be. The Merengue Village (the Mambo) has limited usibility...the pool, a bar in the pool side restaurant (no food) & a beach bar down by the water (with limited liquors). for any meals, you go to the main dining room at the Merengue Gardens

Wirral
Level Contributor
961 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We're home from the Riu Bachata....

Thanks mra1,

Think we'll use all the facillities of the whole Rui Resort. Can't wait! :)

montreal
Level Contributor
440 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We're home from the Riu Bachata....

Hi, mra 1. Glad to see that you had a really good time. Thank you for providing all the info about the riu complex. We will be there the 11th of january, and had a couple of questions. Did you have a flat screen tv and did they have any english channels. Also did you attend any of the nightly shows were some interactive. Also what were the day time activities like. Thank you. Lenny.

Cavendish, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cayo Coco
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We're home from the Riu Bachata....

Hi glad you had a good time on your vacation.

I was wondering if there was rum and what other alcohol in the dispensers?

Thank you for your help.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We're home from the Riu Bachata....

beachesmontre ....Yes, we had a new flat screen tv & yes, there was about 10 or 12 english channels with spanish sub-titles.

Yes, we attended the evening entertainment, although we've seen most of them before....Michael Jackson; Riu Spectacular (dancing etc); African Lore ( with music from Lion King), complete with firey torches etc.; the Beach Party got rained out; The Search for Mr. Riu Bachata (interactive). The Caribbean Street Party wasn't on the go this time, as it is done on a 15 day cycle. And the vendor "Marketplace" took place in the Lobby on a Wednesday night.

Daytime activities were varied....beach volleyball, horseshoes, bocci ball, crazy games, Merengue & Salsa dance lessons, pool exercises, water polo,. Check the activity board down at the Pool Bar for all the days activities. Kyaks & paddle boats are available when the ocean allows...most of the time that we were there, the beach was "red flagged".

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We're home from the Riu Bachata....

Banshee... yes, rum was available in the Liquor Optics. I think the others were brandy & vodka. Sorry, I don't know what brands they were, except they were a "lower shelf" brand.