We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UPdate. IM here at Breezes POP.... Late Thursday nite Jan...

San Ramon, CA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
UPdate. IM here at Breezes POP.... Late Thursday nite Jan...

Hi just wanted to give a real update, im here right at breezes POP at the internet cafe room right on the resort. Just to clear things up there are NO major outbreaks of anything here at all. a very few people maybe having the usual sicknesses but most of them are from drinking and eating non stop. There really is nothing wrong going on from reading these posting you would think there was a real outbreak going on!! Trust me there isnt and nobody is concerned. To those who are sick, hope you get better soon but this has nothing to do with any of the resort and its best not to upset people that are coming as all is really fine here, there are no issues at all. I promise you

Ottawa
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UPdate. IM here at Breezes POP.... Late Thursday nite Jan...

thank yo, tip palmer... i am very very concerned about all this.. and i was wondering if it was all bogus or not.. So everyone.. just to clarify, there are No major diseases in Puerto Plata, besides over drinking and over eating

If anyone though has any real symptoms they would like to share with me then please do

Thamesford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UPdate. IM here at Breezes POP.... Late Thursday nite Jan...

There may not be anything at the resort your at but as of Jan 28 the Candian Public Health Agency has issued a warning aboout the norovirus in the DR. The article is in the Ottawa Citizen . They also said the health agency of the DR has finally stated there is a problem with a norovirus.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UPdate. IM here at Breezes POP.... Late Thursday nite Jan...

Yes you are in Breezes and i believe you, but i wonder what is

going on at Riu complex, I was there in beginning of Dec 2004

and many people got ill inlcuding me and my wife.

P.S. My wife does not drink and we are very diet oriented.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: UPdate. IM here at Breezes POP.... Late Thursday nite Jan...

snowyowl,

Please direct me to the PHAC advisory of Jan. 28 as I am unable to find it. Yes, the media has used the term norovirus (whether or not there is confirmation) and I have seen a CDC update of Jan. 26 identifying norovirus as the cause of a previously reported GI infection in PUJ - but I have not seen a PHAC advisory which matches your description for anywhere in the DR.

This is a serious question as I would like to keep people up to date with reliable information.

Thank you.

Gregg

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: UPdate. IM here at Breezes POP.... Late Thursday nite Jan...

snowyowl,

Is this the item to which you were referring?

www.canada.com/search/story.html…

Gregg

Saba
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: UPdate. IM here at Breezes POP.... Late Thursday nite Jan...

Gregg: Not sure if this is the one you are referring to:

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/tmp-pmv/index.html

Thamesford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: UPdate. IM here at Breezes POP.... Late Thursday nite Jan...

I found it at canada.com/ottawa/…story.html hopefully I typed it correctly

Thamesford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: UPdate. IM here at Breezes POP.... Late Thursday nite Jan...

sorry i guess I didn't get it all

canada.com/ottawa/…

hopefully this is better!

9. Re: UPdate. IM here at Breezes POP.... Late Thursday nite Jan...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:51 pm, January 30, 2005
urine
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: UPdate. IM here at Breezes POP.... Late Thursday nite Jan...

My father who just came back from puerto plata last night is very ill along with his girlfriend, my father and his girlfriend dont drink at all and they are sick with the Norovirus same systems my father says about 40 people from the resort Breezes were all sick.My father says Tipalmer probably works in Breezes and is trying to cover up what is really going on out there it IS INFECTED WITH THE NOROVIRUS!!!!!!