We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport taxe

Montreal,Qc.Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
38 reviews
airport taxe

How much do we pay when leaving POP .Is it $20.00 us per person.??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
1. Re: airport taxe

yes but check with travel agent it may be included in yoiur price.

England
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
78 reviews
2. Re: airport taxe

For any UK readers, sadly neither the tourist card ($10) or the exit visa ($20) is included in the cost of the holiday.

With the current dismally low exchange rate this adds an additional £23 per person to the cost of the holiday.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: airport taxe

Unless you're travelling with Sunwing, your airport departure and entry tax is included in your package. Check:

debsdrtravels.proboards47.com/index.cgi…

Toronto
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: airport taxe

I thought that Sunwing added the $20 departure fee when they raised their taxes to $309, in line with the other companies.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: airport taxe

Nope! I paid both taxes in December.

Toronto
Level Contributor
439 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: airport taxe

When in December?

Sunwing raised their taxes to $309 in late December to match the other companies.

I would hope this was done to include the departure tax and not just a cash grab.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: airport taxe

We came back on Dec. 3. I heard that rumour too about departure tax being paid but I'm still not sure. We paid 298$ for tax in Dec. and that's only a difference of 11$ from 309$. But we'll know for sure very soon when BFC writes his review. He came back from POP last Tuesday.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: airport taxe

It was confirmed on Debbies' by someone who came back from DR on January 16 that the departure tax is still not included with Sunwing package.

Duncan, vancouver...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: airport taxe

after reading all the above I called my travel agent and asked about departure fees and she said I had to pay on leaving, I asked her to conform and she called to say as of January this year it is included, Bonus there are 7 of us. She was surprised but said you learn something new every day.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: airport taxe

The people best informed are those who surf the discussion boards like TripAdvisor and Debbies. Instead of getting the input of one travel agent, you get it from hundreds of travelers. Don't get me wrong, the travel agents do their job but some are not always informed of all the new things. As your TA said, you learn something everyday.