We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone going to be at the Iberostar Costa Dorada Sept 18-25

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone going to be at the Iberostar Costa Dorada Sept 18-25

Will be arriving on September 18 for a week.

If anyone has been there allready what are the best rooms to try and book.

And would love some more info on the food and restraunts.

Level Contributor
278 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone going to be at the Iberostar Costa Dorada Sept 18-25

A room that overlooks the pool is nice but noisy at times. Food is excellent and they marinate their meat well. It's delicious! They have a variety of fruits - papaya was our favourite. They have a 24 restaurant, which is great after a night out. They have 3 restaurants and the brazilian one was great. We had a great time at Iberstar and it was worth the money we paid for it. Have a great trip!!!

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone going to be at the Iberostar Costa Dorada Sept 18-25

What kind of beer and Liquor did they serve.

And how hard was it to book the restraunts?

thanks for the help

Vancouver
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone going to be at the Iberostar Costa Dorada Sept 18-25

The local beer Presidente is very popular. The liquor is stated to be quite weak...there are international brands available in the lobby bar, but there only. Just ask.

Food is good, but don't expect vast variety. It's really a matter of taste. Everything is basically in butter/cream/tomato sauce. There is nothing plain. Lots of choices in terms of salads, pickled items, desserts, meats. If you're not too picky you'll be impressed. I'm picky so I wasn't overly impressed. There is a little after hours place if you're out late, or get a craving at night for breakfast, or a burger...the three a la carte restaurants. We went to the seafood one outside, by the pool, it's tooooooo HOT...no A/C. You can't sit and eat there comfortably and that was in June. You probably don't want to do it. It was alright. Nothing fabulous. The Mexican one was awful. The Brazilian one apparently is quite good, again, it's focused on meat so I didn't go. Ppl seemed to like it...

The soft ice cream by the pool is the highlight...great ice cream. And I'm not even a big fan of it! And it was nice to make a grilled chicken burger in between meals...for that snack since we ate dinner late every night.

Ppl are so friendly there you're going to love it. The buffet restaurant area is not air conditioned so it's going to be HOT. The Mexican/Brazilian ones are.

As far as the rooms, we liked staying by the pool so we always get the same room. Building 8. Depends where you want to be...it's nice to not be too far from the restaurant and lobby and show area. Too far to walk afterwards even though really the resort is such a great layout and isn't far around at all.

Have a great time and let me know how things went! Hope this helps...

Vancouver
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone going to be at the Iberostar Costa Dorada Sept 18-25

Oh and I forgot, the reservations, you can book a day ahead by just going to the guest services desk in the lobby. They'll set you up. We never had a problem booking when we wanted to go to the restaurants. However, we preferred going to the buffet since we never wanted to be committed to going at a certain time the next day. Vacation is for being lazy and doing whatever you want to do WHEN you want to do it! :) Enjoy.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone going to be at the Iberostar Costa Dorada Sept 18-25

Thanks for all the info.

Im sure I will have a great time, been to POP a few times.

Just crossing my fingers for good weather, and good air conditioning in the rooms.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone going to be at the Iberostar Costa Dorada Sept 18-25

Thanks for all the info.

Im sure I will have a great time, been to POP a few times.

Just crossing my fingers for good weather, and good air conditioning in the rooms.

Level Contributor
278 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone going to be at the Iberostar Costa Dorada Sept 18-25

One of my highlights there is going to a baseball game in Santiago (2h away). I actually met a few MLB players there. After the baseball season, lots of MLB players go there to practice. The players are very nice to the DR people and actually sign autographs and talk to them freely. The players also don't expect tourists to be there. When a few of them heard us calling them in English, they laughed and were surprised that we were there. We chatted with them. I met about 10 of them, mostly Dominican born players. They were playing for the Santiago "Aguila" team.

There are no day tours for this one but you can ask one of the workers there to take you to a game. I'm sure one of them would come with you but you will also have to pay for his ticket. It's cheap in DR. We took the bus and then a taxi back.

Dominicans love baseball. We had fun at the stadium. They had drums and dancing. Also, don't forget to duck - there's no nets to protect you from the ball. This was also fun to see!!!