We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help: Iberostar Costa Dorada OR Marien Coral by Hilton

Which Puerto Plata hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
422 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Need Help: Iberostar Costa Dorada OR Marien Coral by Hilton

Has anyone stayed at both of these resorts and can offer a fair comparison? I'm currently reading the reviews for both and most of the reviews are positive for both.

Which has the better beach area?

Which has the nicer rooms?

Which has the better quality and selection of food?

Which has the better drinks?

wr
Level Contributor
503 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Need Help: Iberostar Costa Dorada OR Marien Coral by Hilton

i think they are equally lamefor night life, the good thing is that playa dorado is 2 minute ride away and there are all sorts of clubs that you can go to there.

uk
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Need Help: Iberostar Costa Dorada OR Marien Coral by Hilton

have just come back from marien coral and stayed at iberostar costa dorada 2yrs ago, only booked this one as icd booked up, most of greggs comments spot on, whilst i was there a few people said they walked round the icd and thought it was a bit busy,well i can assure you they were putting towels out at 0530 every morning so by 6am virtually all shaded loungers had gone at the marien, and there were continuos announcements telling people not to do this at the marien, if i went back to puerton plata it would be to the icd in my view a higher quality of hotel

uk
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Need Help: Iberostar Costa Dorada OR Marien Coral by Hilton

have just come back from marien coral and stayed at iberostar costa dorada 2yrs ago, only booked this one as icd booked up, most of greggs comments spot on, whilst i was there a few people said they walked round the icd and thought it was a bit busy,well i can assure you they were putting towels out at 0530 every morning so by 6am virtually all shaded loungers had gone at the marien, and there were continuos announcements telling people not to do this at the marien, if i went back to puerton plata it would be to the icd in my view a higher quality of hotel

UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Need Help: Iberostar Costa Dorada OR Marien Coral by Hilton

If the nightlife as pretty lame at the ICD, is it easy enough to get a taxi into Playa Dorada? What kind of things are there to do there? And is it easy enough to get taxis back to the hotel? Is it possible to arrange with your taxi driver a time to pick you up to take you back to the resort, even if it's at 2 or 3am?!

uk
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Need Help: Iberostar Costa Dorada OR Marien Coral by Hilton

i take it you meant nightclub, playa dorada is not exactly what i would call cutting edge, but we managed to get the animation staff to take us into sosuoa and cabarete and that was okay, you can get taxis anywhere and anytime but to be honest i dont think the dominican is that type of holiday, i could be wrong as it is only my opinion.

uk
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Need Help: Iberostar Costa Dorada OR Marien Coral by Hilton

i take it you meant nightclub, playa dorada is not exactly what i would call cutting edge, but we managed to get the animation staff to take us into sosuoa and cabarete and that was okay, you can get taxis anywhere and anytime but to be honest i dont think the dominican is that type of holiday, i could be wrong as it is only my opinion.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Need Help: Iberostar Costa Dorada OR Marien Coral by Hilton

I am actually going to CM from 9/5/05 - 9/10/05 for my honeymoon.

My decision was made by various things:

1- read tons of reviews

2- Hotel rank order by travelers

3- Expenditures

4- Other Coral by Hilton Hotels around the country

The combination of the variables gave us a good feeling and so we booked it. Hopefully is not raining the whole week :)