We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Ducky:re

Level Contributor
346 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Just Ducky:re

hi,,read your forum and looked up the website you suggested,,it is very good for anyone traveling but i cant find where it says that you must also have a return ticket to be allowed into the country, maybe you could tell me where you found that. thanks deb

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Ducky:re

I think what they are talking about is your tourist visa. You will fill this out on the plane and show this to the DR customs at the airport when you arrive. Keep this safe, you don't want to lose it! It is just a visitor's pass to show that you are only visiting. You usually get it on the plane when you take off or your travel agent will give it to you prior to your departure. If you did not get one, you can purchase it in the DR airport for 10 dollars.

Have fun and no worries!

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Ducky:re

If you go to this link:

It is in the section titled "8. ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTS"... It is in the third paragraph "For travel to Dominican Republic, Canadian tourists must also be in possession of a return airline ticket."

Is that what you are asking about? If it is not, please let me know which forum its from so I can figure out where I got my info... Thanks.