We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from airport las Americas in the evening

Amsterdam, The...
1 post
Save Topic
Transport from airport las Americas in the evening

Hi,

I'm travelling to Santo Domingo this februari with my boyfriend and our baby. We arrive in the evening at airport las Americas. Because of our baby I'm a little nervous about our trip. I've read that it's not safe travelling from the airport after sundown.

Can anybody tell me what is a safe way tot travel to our hotel from the airport? Are the taxi's at the airport trusthworthy?

Thanks!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from airport las Americas in the evening

Only one taxi company is allowed to solicit fares from the airport. (but you can always have someone pick you up or have your hotel arrange pickup) They have a stand when you exit the arrivals hall and turn left. They are as safe as can be and operate 24 hours a day but are expensive.

http://www.taxisichala.com/

The few incidents you have heard about almost exclusively involved Dominicans arriving from abroad (with lots of things) who are watched in the parking lot when relatives pick them up and are followed. Or the customs officers at the airport, (who see what they are bringing home) work in tandem with the robbers and tip them off if the arriving passenger has alot of things to steal. Either way, this always happens in a private vehicle.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from airport las Americas in the evening

You can better take a safe and more expensive taxi than get robbed.. Take an official taxi!

There are also airport shuttles you can book.

Maybe best option could be to let your hotel arrange transport..

3. Re: Transport from airport las Americas in the evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 08, 2015