We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Boston...
8 posts
Save Topic
Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

I'm looking for a quote on the average cost for travel between Santo Domingo-- specifically the Colonial district to Punta Cana-- Paradisus Palma Real Resort. I was quoted 350$ I think that is absurd!!

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,993 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

It is, a Taxi is about $200 or less and a bus is $10 or so. Bavaro Express.

Boston...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Thank You!! Do you recommend any specific transportation companies?

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,993 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Apollo Taxi is a name I've heard in SD. See, there's a difference in Taxis, the local taxis are radio dispatched and cost less and are lesser vehicles. The tourist taxis are newer vehicles (for the most part) and charge more. Your hotel taxi will probably be a tourist taxi.

And then there are the transfer companies that charge rates similar to Taxis.

Then on the other hand, Bavaro Express has nice coaches for $10 and have about 5-6 departures daily.

I'd take the bus.

Edited: 8:22 pm, July 18, 2013
nyc
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

The taxis outside your hotel (tourist taxi) should charge $220 for the ride (2 1/2 hr.). You could take the bus, taxi to parque enriquillo,

The bus, $10 p.p., then taxi to hotel, $10-15. Add

1 hr. To trip time.

I would only take the bus if travelling light, and i dont mind the extra time involved.

nyc
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

The taxis outside your hotel (tourist taxi) should charge $220 for the ride (2 1/2 hr.). You could take the bus, taxi to parque enriquillo,

The bus, $10 p.p., then taxi to hotel, $10-15. Add

1 hr. To trip time.

I would only take the bus if travelling light, and i dont mind the extra time involved.

Boston...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Thanks!!

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

I think US$350 is ridiculous!! There is a company called Metro, which is located in the city center (Piantini area) and you can take a bus from there to Punta Cana for about $10 and is incredibly comfortable. Also, there is another company located in Leopoldo Navarro Avenue with 27 de Febrero, which is close from Zona Colonial, and is called Caribe Tours and you can check them out as well, their prices are kind of similar and they'll take you anywhere you wanna go.

8. Re: Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 29, 2014