We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Santo Domingo JBQ Airport to Punta Cana

Which Santo Domingo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
214 posts
263 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Santo Domingo JBQ Airport to Punta Cana

I will be landing at JBQ from Port-au-Prince around 9AM and would like to get to Punta Cana...

As far as I see it, my options are as follows:

- Rent from Avis at JBQ (pay 200USD one-way fee) and drive to Punta CAna (I will be renting a car anyway, so the cost of rental is not relevant)

- Catch a flight from JBP to PUJ (which airlines? Hhow many flights each day? do I need to book in advance?)

- Get a taxi to Punta Cana

- Bus: Not an option, so please do not suggest..

Santo Domingo...
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Santo Domingo JBQ Airport to Punta Cana

I suggest a taxi is better so you do not drive and avoid the stress of booking flights

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,102 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Santo Domingo JBQ Airport to Punta Cana

There are two daily flights from La Isabella to PUJ. $99 one way

http://www.dominicanshuttles.com/

Silvia

Edited: 7:28 am, February 07, 2013
Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,831 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Santo Domingo JBQ Airport to Punta Cana

Fly if you can make the times, much better.

Wilmington, NC
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Santo Domingo JBQ Airport to Punta Cana

If you are going to be renting a car anway sounds like your best bet is to just drive yourself there. Be carefeul is you are driving at night as the roads are not the best in the DR. Many detours, potholes, etc. If flying there is more then $175 then I would suggest taking a cab if you don't want to rent a car. I go to the DR about every 6 weeks. I have zero desire to drive a rental car in that country. Drives are horriable and the cars are dented up.They way I look at it, it's only a matter of time before my rental is in an accident. I don't speak enough Spanish to deal with that stress. I use the same taxi driver everytime. His name is Michael with Santo Domingo Taxi. His number is 809-863-9972. He speaks English and knows the whole counrty. He is drivng to Puerta Plate, Samana, Casa De Campo, and Punta Cana. Good guy that is fair on pricing.. Good luck and have fun.

5. Re: Getting from Santo Domingo JBQ Airport to Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 03, 2014