We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Dominican Republic
Search

Flying Southwest into PC

KY
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
18 helpful votes
Flying Southwest into PC
Save

When my husband and I fly Southwest we like to get the early bird check in, in case we forget or can't connect online the day before. Has anyone done that leaving PC, and if so, was it worth the extra $30? If I remember correctly, once you get on the bus to the plane, it's sort of a free for all. I know it's only $30, but hey, we can buy something at the Wal-mart down the beach with that. :)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
10 reviews
34 helpful votes
1. Re: Flying Southwest into PC
Save

I always do Early Bird...worked just fine for my flights last fall (BWI-PUJ). After you get off the buses that take you to the plane they have you line up again and check boarding passes.

Severn, Maryland
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: Flying Southwest into PC
Save

Hey Ms123456, they did that last year, but the 2nd bus stopped at the back door to the plane, so when we came through the front door, the only seats available were IN THE BACK! I hate Southwest.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
10 reviews
34 helpful votes
3. Re: Flying Southwest into PC
Save

That's annoying! I'd have tried to walk to the front door, haha.

I was a little concerned last year before my trip and called Southwest customer service...they basically said that if the process didn't work as it should, they'd give me a refund even though the general policy for Early Bird is no refunds. Everything ended up being fine though. They're definitely aware that their boarding procedure and the PC airport setup poses a unique situation.

When service first started to PC about a year and a half ago, there were complaints here on TA about the Early Bird process...then they worked them out for the most part, I haven't seen any complaints here on the forum in ages. So I figure that's a good sign :D

4. Re: Flying Southwest into PC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 19, 2017