We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to purchase excursions

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Best place to purchase excursions
Save

We are planning our trip to Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana in July and wanted to get some ideas as to where to book excursions. I saw some deals on TA and Expedia for different excursions (Sanoa, cocoa/coffee) price range from $85 to $95 for Isla Sanoa but read on TA that some excursions are best purchased through locals. Any suggestions? Traveling with 2 kids 7 & 12

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
48,002 posts
8 reviews
41 helpful votes
1. Re: Best place to purchase excursions
Save

SJK,

You will get the best response and feedback if you repost on the specific Punta Cana forum as this general Dominican Republic forum does not get read by many folk.

Here is the direct link to the Punta Cana forum

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g147…

Angie.

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
2. Re: Best place to purchase excursions
Save

Thank you. I just did.

Gettysburg...
Level Contributor
718 posts
35 reviews
6 helpful votes
3. Re: Best place to purchase excursions
Save

On site is best..... DONT pay for the rum/ chocolate tour. It is free and they will pick you up and drop of at resort. Google don lucas punta cana and choclate tour punta cana and call them to arrange pick up and drop off times at hotel. They are all in the same area just right next to each other.

As for prices of other tours make sure you haggle and never pay asking price. My friend sells tours at a resort and he told me that the tours charge 55 per person and anything over that he keeps so of course he starts at 100 / 120 a person and will take anything above 75 usually. ..

Its the DR...prices are subject to inflation X 10 and tips are always asked for....

Edited: 10:54 am, June 03, 2016
4. Re: Best place to purchase excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 05, 2017