We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern DR

Sudbury, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Northern DR

Hey everyone, I will be travelling to the Dominican Republic at the beginning of April, specifically the northern coast in Cabarete. I decided to try the Viva Wyndham tangerine as I am 21 years old and travelling solo, good choice? Please share any tips/advice in regards to that resort as well !

I am planning on visiting the majority of the towns and cities on the northern coast during my stay I.E Sosua, Puerto Plata. I am single, young, and fun seeking (sports and nightlife), but am also a huge history buff and enjoy a nice relaxing day of sun-tanning. The purpose of this post is to hear some general opinions as to whether what I have chosen for my first experience in the DR so far is on the right track for my interests, and also to ask what specific activities, or additional places other than the ones I've named, may be interesting to me. examples would be : nightclubs, cultural/historical sites, viewpoints, and of course, the beautiful women of the DR (tourists included lol :P )

Keep in mind while replying that I unfortunately am not the best with my Spanish, and I do realize this limits me. Thank you in advance for opinions and advice !

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
8,008 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Northern DR

This is a good choice for a young traveler. Puerto Plata, Sosua and Cabarete have a lot to offer. Night life of Sosua and Cabrete is vibrant with lots of choices. There are many ladies of the night and many tourists and locals partying. Historical sites include the Old Fort and Church of Puerto Plata, the museum of the Mariel Sisters (sp), the Jewish settlement of Sosua and more.

You will get many more responses if you re-post this in the Puerto Plata or Cabarete Forum.

2. Re: Northern DR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 20, 2015