We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Travel Partners Service

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Blue Travel Partners Service

Has anyone heard of this? I booked a trip and the transfer from SDQ to Bayahibe has "Blue Travel Partners Service" as the company with a phone number 809-566-0092.

I can not find anything on this company, or even just "Blue Partners". And the phone number looks like it is for a realty company.

Thanks

Punta Cana
2 posts
1. Re: Blue Travel Partners Service

This company used to be called Club Caribe but then was bought by TUI, a big travel company in Europe. You should be fine about your transfers

Punta Cana
2 posts
2. Re: Blue Travel Partners Service

This company used to be called Club Caribe but then was bought by TUI, a big travel company in Europe. You should be fine about your transfers

Los Angeles...
2 posts
1 review
3. Re: Blue Travel Partners Service

Hi - did you find out any more information on this company? I have a voucher for this company through Expedia and was giving a long distance number to confirm the shuttle services to the hotel from the airport. Obviously I prefer not to have to call long distance to the Dominican Republic. Any 800 number? website? or email for them?

Thanks!

Lockport
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Blue Travel Partners Service

I also tried phoning repeatedly & got only busy signals. I finally realized that the Dominican Republic has the same country code as the US and I only needed to phone using 1-809 and then the rest of the number (do not dial 011 first) if calling from the USA.

Los Angeles...
2 posts
1 review
5. Re: Blue Travel Partners Service

Hi all -

I went to the Dominican in December and called Expedia prior to my trip asking for them to confirm my transfer with Blue. The Expedia rep did so while I was on the phone. We got to the airport and the Blue Shuttle was waiting for us and several other Expedia passengers (the shuttle had a small Expedia sign on dashboard). It was your typical shuttle. They run just like Apple Vacations, Blue sets up a time for you to speak with them the day of or after your arrival to confirm your return shuttle and to present tours. We did purchase one tour to Sanoa Island with Blue and that was great (but it really is just trading one beach for another, so if you aren't looking for that type of excursion, choose something else).

I was a little concerned since I couldn't find anything on the web, but they were fine and are legitimate. Hope this helps

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
6. Re: Blue Travel Partners Service

I just got back from Punta Cana and also used Blue Travel for our airport transfers (we had booked through Expedia) They were waiting for us at the airport and the trip to the hotel went smoothly.

However, the next day they require you to meet them at 9am to "confirm your trip back" Our rep was 15 min late and his colleagues were rude and copping attitudes when we asked for help. We did not come on vacation to chase these people around the hotel, so this was frustrating.

When the guy finally showed up he told us we had to go to their office the day before we left to check a book to see what time our shuttle to the airport would be. Not the most efficient or reliable way to do this as flights could still change day of, but it worked out. The rest of the hour he spent going over tours which was time consuming and something I'd prefer to do on my own time without being forced to get up in the morning to listen to a hard sell.

We ended up doing the Marinarium and the Ziplines and both were good, but I wish we didn't have to book through Blue because their attitudes are hard to deal with.

The airport transfer back went well (they were only a little late) but it was odd. Our flight was 60 min later than my dad and sister's flights but they were picked up 30 min after we were. The Blue Travel rep looked at me like I had 6 heads when I asked him how that made any sense.

Long story short- they are a legit company but the customer service is bad. God forbid you have a serious problem. If you can avoid them, I'd recommend going elsewhere!

Philadelphia...
1 post
1 review
7. Re: Blue Travel Partners Service

Horrible service. No recommend at all. They didn’t pick up us from hotel to airport and last minute we took taxi almost missed our flight. Be careful!!! Don’t trust them!!

Hudson, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
8. Re: Blue Travel Partners Service

We have used Blue 3 times in the last 2 years for trips from the airport to the hotel. They are fast, efficient and have always been polite. Even going as far as to reserve seats together for us since we traveled with a small child. Given the alternative of navigating the sea of taxi drivers, baggage handlers and other suspect individuals when you get outside of the main gates, I'd choose Blue anytime. We have never been asked to do a meeting during our stay but we also know enough to say no thanks. I will say the price for transfers is comparable to taking a taxi and therefore we do take taxis back to the airport as its much more convenient and does not require being ready earlier than needed and catching a shuttle that stop at multiple hotels.

Richmond, Virginia
1 post
9. Re: Blue Travel Partners Service

Blue Travel Services was terrible! We booked 2 excursion trips through their company after landong in Punta Cana. The first, a zipline excursion. That was quite enjoyable and worth the money. However, we had also booked a snorkeling/speedboat/snuba experience-worst experience ever. After arriving at the location, it started to pour down raining. The crew insisted we go out on the boat. Everyone was freezing, including the crew who were even wearing wetsuits. They were unfriendly and did not speak to us at any point in time. They only drove a few yards from the shoreline before dropping anchor, and stated this was where were supposed to be snorkeling. For the money we paid, I was expecting an actual tour. Since it was freezing, my husband and I made them drive us back to the dock and we did not complete and activities. When we got back to the hotel we complained to the rep. that booked it. He advised that he would look into it and we should return the following day. The next day, we did what was instructed but he stated that he had not heard anything from the company and there was nothing he could do. He provided us with a complaint number. When I went to check on the complaint, it turns out he never even reported it. Terrible customer service!

1 post
1 review
10. Re: Blue Travel Partners Service

Our experience with Blue was dreadful. The day after we arrived, we were told to meet Angel, our rep, at 10:30. We waited at the desk, wasting a gorgeous morning, until he finally arrived at nearly 11:00. At that point, he gave us a 20 minute presentation (another time-suck) about Do's and Don't's in the DR...water, gambling, etc. Then, he finally told us about excursions...the descriptions for which were in the handout he gave us. We booked the zip line, which turned out to be a fantastic excursion! The other service that Blue was supposedly providing us was our transfer to the airport. We gave Angel all of our flight information, and he assured us that we could check his notebook the day before our departure to see when we would be picked up, as he would list those times by flight number. Our flight was not listed at all. The concierge told us that we could speak Angel about it on the morning of our departure. Wait again?? On our last morning?? I think not. We arranged for a private taxi through the hotel.

My advice? Book excursions if you must (or even do them on your own or through the concierge). Do NOT depend on Blue for your travel arrangements. If we knew then what we know now, it is highly unlikely that we would have wasted a whole morning dealing with Blue to begin with.