We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing Optional Pools and Beaches

KY
Level Contributor
25 posts
Clothing Optional Pools and Beaches

Do any resorts, especially "vacation express" resorts, have any clothing optional pools or beaches? Not looking for nudist resorts. Just resorts that have the clothing option only by the pool and beach.

edmonton,AB
Level Contributor
16 posts
1. Re: Clothing Optional Pools and Beaches

P

Hello, Monique; Just to let you know their are no regular resorts in the D.R. that have clothing optional pools or beaches,by that i mean full nudity. 95% of the hotels DO allow toplessness on their beaches, as well as in their pools. This is very common all over the D.R. resorts. I have been to a few of the beaches east of Playa Grande ( by Rio San Juan) that are pretty secluded, and have seen both sexes in the buff, with no hassle at all. A couple of them are about a 10min. walk off the road or highway. The only resort that i know of that allows full nudity is called Eden Bay Resort (www.edenbayresort.com), and is very close to Sosua, by a little town called Abreu. If you are interested about it you can contact them. It is a high end resort i have heard;$$$$. I doubt that Club Med- Punta Cana allows full nudity, as a lot of people go their with their kids.So feel free to take your top off at any of the resorts...but that"s about as far as they will allow;and or find a beach off the beaten path. Don"t worry, you will not be the only one! Enjoy!!

Hope this answers your ??

Gary. S.

( edmontonflyer)

edmonton,AB
Level Contributor
16 posts
2. Re: Clothing Optional Pools and Beaches

P

Hello, Monique; Just to let you know their are no regular resorts in the D.R. that have clothing optional pools or beaches,by that i mean full nudity. 95% of the hotels DO allow toplessness on their beaches, as well as in their pools. This is very common all over the D.R. resorts. I have been to a few of the beaches east of Playa Grande ( by Rio San Juan) that are pretty secluded, and have seen both sexes in the buff, with no hassle at all. A couple of them are about a 10min. walk off the road or highway. The only resort that i know of that allows full nudity is called Eden Bay Resort (www.edenbayresort.com), and is very close to Sosua, by a little town called Abreu. If you are interested about it you can contact them. It is a high end resort i have heard;$$$$. I doubt that Club Med- Punta Cana allows full nudity, as a lot of people go their with their kids.So feel free to take your top off at any of the resorts...but that"s about as far as they will allow;and or find a beach off the beaten path. Don"t worry, you will not be the only one! Enjoy!!

Hope this answers your ??

Gary. S.

north carolina
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Clothing Optional Pools and Beaches

I havn't been there but I read that Barcelo Talanquera Beach has clothing optional beaches.

Sailingbare

4. Re: Clothing Optional Pools and Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 13, 2009