We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which airport is best to fly into?

jupiter, florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Which airport is best to fly into?

We are coming from Florida so each airport is ok to fly into but we are not sure which would be the best. We want to fly into the one that offers the closest drive/travels to nearby things to do....we really liked what we read on TA about the south coast and also the Samana Peninsula but we want to make sure....We are not the AI resort type of couple and like to get into the culture of our trip, however we dont want to cause more work on our vacation either....please help!!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
1. Re: Which airport is best to fly into?

Best airport

South Coast - SDQ or LRM depending on price and where you are staying

Samana - AZS

Gregg

england
Level Contributor
5,669 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Which airport is best to fly into?

Hi there

If your going South coast, you might want to check out these rentals.

Sparky

tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g1472…

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Which airport is best to fly into?

unfortunately there are no US flights to samana( or fortunately if you wish to avoid americans on your vacation as there are very few who vacation there) the vest option is to fly to santo domingo SDQ and either bus or rent a car. the route is easily found and i think for someone who, like myself, tries to avoid the AI scene samana is the perfect choice. i like las terrenas or las galaras. beautiful secluded beaches and plenty of excursions to occupy your time there. whichever you decide have a safe and pleasant vacation in the DR, it is a great place to vacation in... ben

Stoney Creek Ontario
Level Contributor
649 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Which airport is best to fly into?

We met a nice couple from the USA when we were at GBP Caya Levantado in Samana. There was no direct flight to Samana,they flew into Santo Domingo and then took a cab to the dock at the resort. The cost was $ 200

US one way. I'd check to see which airport in the DR works best for you. In Ontario for part of the year certain travel companies fly into Puerto Plata and then it's a four hour bus ride ( included in the price of the trip ) to Samana. Maybe you could see if this is available.

5. Re: Which airport is best to fly into?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 22, 2010