We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the best resorts to party in dominican???

Toronto
Level Contributor
19 posts
what is the best resorts to party in dominican???

I was wondering if anyone can help me here. Im going to the DR in late april or early May and im going with 3 of my friends. We are all 21 years old and we are looking for the best party resort possible. Ive heard people tell me 500 different things between which place was better punta cana or puerto plata and now im being told Sosua is also really fun. Can anyone tell me the best resort or resorts to go to that has alot of young people roughly around 18-mid 20's age group and with the best nightlife and partying. Also where there is lots of girls :P...any help would be great thankks...

Cabarete, DR
Level Contributor
223 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: what is the best resorts to party in dominican???

Cabarete!

Stay in Viva Wyndham Tangerine or Tropical Clubs....

Lots of young, fun, sporty, friendly people here and I am sure you will love it.

PM me with questions and enjoy!

Laurel

Cabarete, Dominican...
Level Contributor
779 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: what is the best resorts to party in dominican???

LEK spot on......Cabarete is the best resort for young people - Puerto Plata really means an area rammed with A.I. resorts within an enclosed complex. Cabarete, on the other hand, is a great town, a place heaving with adventurous, sporting young people - there is no better spot for you - guaranteed, you will LOVE it. We should know, we live here! Sosua is not the place for you. In doubt, ask the Dominican experts directly too.

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: what is the best resorts to party in dominican???

Viva Whyndam without a doubt!!!

besides tagerine, in cabarete, check out also the Viva Whyndam Dominicus Beach, at bayahibe (La Romana)

I guarantee you won't be sorry!!!

Sosua, Dominican...
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: what is the best resorts to party in dominican???

I'd agree that Cabarete is going to be the best for you. Sosua is good, but it will become tiring for you if you are mainly girls and theirs not as much to do during the day. Cabarete becomes pretty repetative pretty quickly also so maybe base yourself in Cabarete and have a couple of trips up the road to Sosua. Pto plata is mainly refering to Playa Dorada, tends to wrap the people up in cotton wool in a sort of world within a place if thats what you fancy, but IO get the impression you want to have a real party so probably not good for you.

Enjoy

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,190 posts
347 reviews
5. Re: what is the best resorts to party in dominican???

Cabarete is the place. You can walk along the beach from the Wyndham (about 8 minutes )to the center of Cabarete which is loaded with beachside restaurants, bars and clubs. The music and party goes on every night till the wee hours of the morning. It is a younger (18-40) crowd then you will find in PP.

BObK

Eastern Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: what is the best resorts to party in dominican???

I am guessing you are looking for the bar scene?

If that is the case, Punta Cana can be a lot of fun if you stay at the right resort. Caribe Club Princess & Tropical Princess have Areito Disco & the Occidental Grand Flamenco has the Mangu. Both discos are full of locals & tourists.

As for Puerto Plata, I had a blast there too. It was nice to have a lot of AI resorts near each other. You can walk from one disco to another and feel quite safe. It is well lit and there is security on what I saw someone call the "compound".

I haven't been to Cabarete yet, but heard some good things.

Good luck choosing!

7. Re: what is the best resorts to party in dominican???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, October 19, 2009