We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiking to boiling lake

Swansea, MA
Level Contributor
336 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
hiking to boiling lake

I am trying to get an idea of how much rain to expect. On an average day in April how much rain can I expect in Morne Trois Pitons and other hikes in rain forest? All day...some alternating sun and rain? I don't mind some rain but a total washout is another story!

Dominica
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hiking to boiling lake

Hi,

Dominica is a tropical Island where it rains on and off. In the interior it might rain everyday but sometimes not throughout the day. In Dominica the annual rainfall recorded at the met office at Melville Hall is like 2600mm or 106in average relative Humidity is 77%(25yrs). The normal monthly average for instance the month of April was like normal rainfall 156.2mm .However the interio of Dominica will experience a little greater rainfall totals. Dominica experiences 'a dry season' from January to May and a 'wet season' from July to November but it rains year round. So dont let the rain prevent you from having some fun go on enjoy it.

2. Re: hiking to boiling lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 14, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Morne Trois Pitons...