We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival Victory pulling out of Dominica

Moweaqua, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Carnival Victory pulling out of Dominica

Hot news in the Caribbean, no news from Carnival Cruise Lines!!

caribbeandailynews.com/do...hip-departure/

dominicanewsonline.com/dno/…

dominicanewsonline.com/dno/…

Inver Grove...
Level Contributor
5 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnival Victory pulling out of Dominica

Curious because I'm booked to sail on the Victory in Dec. All 3 of your links just give me errors. What's the scoop??

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,254 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carnival Victory pulling out of Dominica

I'm afraid the Victory's schedule has changed without informing you...

Same CDN paper has a search option giving

caribbeandailynews.com/dominica-government-l…

which means it won't attend Dominica anymore this winter season, starting Nov-2...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Inver Grove...
Level Contributor
5 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnival Victory pulling out of Dominica

Thanks for the info, my Carnival vacation planner has since told me the same, no more Dominica after November for the Victory. It is being replaced with a day at sea. That's too bad, I visited Dominica in January and it was beautiful!! The change will certainly not ruin my vacation though, just more time to goof off on the ship!!

Edited: 6:51 am, September 02, 2010
Southfield, Michigan
Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Carnival Victory pulling out of Dominica

I'm impressed that a paying customer found this information out from a news story. Not!

The reason given is the high cost of fuel? I might have believed that a year ago, but today? Seems to me that someone might have been trying to get some economic incentive from Dominica. I guess it can't hurt to try, apparently American Eagle gets some to fly there.

5. Re: Carnival Victory pulling out of Dominica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:09 am, March 02, 2011