We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anchorage Hotel

Michigan
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Topic
Anchorage Hotel

Can anyone give me some info on this hotel.You know the usual ie: cleanliness,location to town,food, rooms , staff,diving and diving facilities etc. Thanks so much in advance.Also, any tours that are a must?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anchorage Hotel

The Anchorage Hotel is a much better deal than the Castle comfort dive lodge next door. I stayed there for $60 a night in one of their non premium rooms, and we still had a water view. Room was clean, AC worked, though the hot water was spotty. The bar is great. You can stay here and dive here, or just walk next door and dive with the Castle Comfort dive lodge for about the same price. You can also swim right off the dock, and the diving lessons are good. I've paid more for less.

Dominica
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anchorage Hotel

I like Castle Comfort Lodge because of their 24/7 dive policy. You have access to the dive equipment and can use it anytime on your own.

There are many exciting tour to do in Dominica, will you rent a car? If so , Chose a 4X4!!

Check www,travelbarefoot.com for hotel and tour info.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anchorage Hotel

First let me say that i am from the Caribbean, not Dominica but Barbados and I have been to Dominica many times. I stayed at Anchorage twice but don't intend to say there again because of a bad experience the second time around.email me for more info on that:trinesha@mail.com/ i do not wish to make the place seem too bad to other people. This is a fairly nice small hotel, the staff are limited in their capabilities but try really hard to provide anything you ask for they are all pleasant and helpful. The hotel is clean but basic. You get better food from so many other places nearby that it does not really matter that the food at this place is just alright.Very close to town just jump into a bus out front and EC$1.50 will get you to town in about three minutes or less.Anchorage is in an exellent location, the perfect base on the island. You must take the hike to the valley of desolation and the boiling lake is a must. The Emerald pool is lovely and if you are avdentureous contact Wacky Rollers, you won't be disappointed. I hope this helps.

Sun Valley Idaho
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anchorage Hotel

I had a very bad expereince with Anchorage if you choose to go there, please be careful.

cape cod, ma
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Anchorage Hotel

Can you let me know if you did stay at the Anchorage and what your experience was like? we are thinking of staying there in late December of this year.

thanks

Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anchorage Hotel

Recommend staying at Evergreen Hotel, two doors down from Anchorage. It's the best hotel of the three, and they're all next to each other.

I've taken groups to Dominica many times. Dive with Dive Dominica, as they have the nicest boats and good staff, but stay at Evergreen.

If you take single women, tell them to beware of locals trying to start relationships for the purpose of taking their money!

Wichita Falls, TX
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Anchorage Hotel

I am sincerley sorry if you had a bad experience with any Dominican while on your trip. However, I wish to remind you that there are opportunists everywhere you travel. Your experience should not cause you to make such an overgeneralized or stereotypical statement. All I wish to ask is that you show better judgement and be cautious anywhere you travel. Dominicans are very friendly, loyal, generous and outgoing people but as the saying goes you may always find a rotten apple in the bunch. Thanks for visiting Dominica and I hope you come again. May I recommend visiting during the Independence festival...it is sure to be a treat.

8. Re: Anchorage Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 21, 2009