We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

off electric grid in dominica

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
11 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
off electric grid in dominica

hi. i am considering relocating to dominica but need to be off the electric grid. does anyone know who i can contact re: sustainable energy locations for vacationing and for longer term lodging? all responses most appreciated!

Washington DC...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: off electric grid in dominica

This article may provide you some direction. By the way, I too am interested in relocating to Dominica. I have more resources/links to articles that may be of interest and use to you. Would you be interested in some level of working together to help out each other? If so, feel free to e-mail me at woe@toothandmail.com.

Thanks.

mnialive.com/caribbean/dominica/2008-eco-liv…

Winchester, Virginia
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: off electric grid in dominica

Hey Maracujagirl, I would check out www.sustainableearth.dm

My wife and I own in Dominica, and love it there. I would recommend you check with Herve Nizard who owns Citrus Creek Plantation. He is entirely off the grid and a very Green proponent. His development recycles its water, utilizes solar panels and they grow their own food for their restaurant. I have his email address, but reluctant to give it here on the open forum. I would recommend Googling Citrus Creek Plantation and contacting him there. He can put you in touch with people who specialize in Green energy Technology there in Dominica.

I am also interested in this for our own plans. I am an Architect with LEED professional certification which certifies Green Buildings.

Good luck!

Topanga, California
Level Contributor
11 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: off electric grid in dominica

Thanks so much! I will definitely check out that site through google and appreciate the information. Best to you and your wife. I will be back in touch should I move forward but LEED does not address the environmental pollution caused by EMF "smart meters" and smart meter grids.

Peace,

Julie

4. Re: off electric grid in dominica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Dominica