We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To avoid the cruise crowds at major sites

California
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
To avoid the cruise crowds at major sites

To avoid the cruise crowds at major sites (especially Trafalgar, Emeral Pool, and TiTou Gorge), try to be there before 11:00am or after 4:00pm. Otherwise you'll be overrun. But we had Ti-Tou completely to ourselves for 2 straight afternoons, arriving at 4:00 or 4:15. Harder to access sites such as Middleham Fallls, Boiling Lake, Freshwater and Boeri Lakes, and Syndicate Falls are less accessed by the cruising crowd so these are good choices for a mid-day activity.

In the middle of the day, relax, go to the beach, eat a good lunch, or do a little shopping. Or go to further afield sites.

If you're a non-cruise visitor to Dominica, you will be happy you followed this advice.

Mentioned in this post
Titou Gorge
Titou Gorge
215 Reviews
Dominica
Dominica
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: To avoid the cruise crowds at major sites

Hi, I organise tours far from the heavy crowd of the cruiseships.

Have a good day, I live in Dominica where I organize tours, I make them:

1. Tomb Raider, we'll leave the tour with wet bones, because we have to cross rivers with water reaching your hips.

2. Cool: Beaches with nice women in the sight, bars (nice too!), Indian reserve, destroyed castle.

3. Hard: Volacano's trails with 7 hours pf hikking, going up and down the lovely mountains, and NO CHOICE, you have to follow me.

We go to see the Dominican parrots with flashing clothes, because it makes them laugh at us, and I promis you, they enjoy.

4. Nothing: YES...sometimes I do nothing!

Ok...OK... I leave you and enjoy the opictures of my customers who enjoy my safari.

C'est pas tout ca, photos gratos …yahoo.com/ph/stonedge2002/slid-eshow…

Didier