We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best snorkeling and shore diving/condos

Denver
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best snorkeling and shore diving/condos

We are heading to Curacao in October 2006. We love the beach, but especially like excellent snorkeling and shore diving. Where is the best? Are there any nice condos or hotels with suites on the beach in any of the best locations to snorkel or hsore dive? Is the sea aquarium area a good choice to stay? Many thanks for your suggestions.

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
282 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best snorkeling and shore diving/condos

When you get back, could you drop me a line and let me know what you thought about the diving / snorkeling?

I have been contemplating Curacao.

Diving is a BIG priority for my husband so I would need to know that he will love the diving/snorkeling if we go.

We would be staying at the Hilton if we go there.

I would appreciate any info you can provide.

c33obrien@aol.com

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,223 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best snorkeling and shore diving/condos

Diving and snorkling is awesome, Porto Marie beach is the best for both. We saw stingrays, seahorse, flying fish.An abundant of sealife lives in Curacao. We stay at the Hilton and love it. The Marriott next door is nice also. Pack up some tanks and find a dive flag on a rock and go diving.

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
282 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best snorkeling and shore diving/condos

Ralphy:

Thank you very much for the info.

Cindy

aka gone2bigsur

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best snorkeling and shore diving/condos

RichardGWV:

Hi:

We are headed down to Curacao in March 07 and are staying at Breezes resort.

Include in your stay is a daily shoredive. Breezes is right beside the underwater aquarium and also has an artificial reef using it as a barrier to keep large waves away from shore. Almost makes a nice little cove area to swim in!! Any additional dives you can sign up at the watersports activity centre.

Silent Immersion is also another dive company and seems to have excellent references from others on this thread. Also check out curacao-actief.com it lists different dives, areas to dive in, costs, right on their website.

Hope this helps,

Taly

5. Re: Best snorkeling and shore diving/condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:50 am, November 29, 2007
6. Re: Best snorkeling and shore diving/condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, August 21, 2009